Subbed for a month, won't be back

bespinsystem

can't help but notice how you are still here, posting, hoping to start some kind of crusade and get people to leave the game in droves.

THANK YOU! I really need to ask the OP; is ^ what you are trying to achieve? I understand you dislike the game. But why even tell us?

I just dont understand why people on these forums repeatedly post threads like this. It IS almost like they are hoping to start some uprising. It ain't happening. Sorry you didnt enjoy the game. But most of us, apart from the odd gripe, do enjoy it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant judge the game by playing up to lvl 20 with all classes.You cant even have any idea about class design of the class you play by playing only 20 levels. You need to play up to lvl 50 and should be been playing more then a month to fairly judge a mmo. Therefore any critism coming from you is no more then bias. Your perception is limited to your old mmo anything new and different then it would be bad no matter how good it is.

SWTOR doesn't feel very much like an MMO to me.

Game doesnt feel mmo to your kind because this is the first mmo that has much voice acting. This is not a common thing seen in MMOs.Unlike single player games with huge story , mmos are expected to be a grind fest.

Questing is repetitive

Computer games are based on repetition. You dont do anything new because all you can do is to gather x material , click on x , kill x. I mean What do you expect from quests? Solve a Math problem ? Explore full formula of DNA?

As a newbie, I don't have millions of credits to blow on blues or oranges/mods to "stay geared up" in order to function at the basest level of soloability. Bascially I just felt like I was spending more time reviving my companions and meditating than actually playing the game. Obviously doing heroics and flashpoints would alleviate that...trivializing quest content in the process. There's just no middle ground, besides making gear yourself.............

Perhaps if you had levelled a toon to level 50, you may just have found it far easier to roll an alt. Legacy perks, ability to send yourself money (at the very least). Anyway, good luck in future games, try to have a little more patience if you play any more MMO games though, you seem to be missing stuff in your haste to try out different classes.

May I just remind people that before FTP came about, there was a trial game that limited your character to L11/L13 something like that? My point is that, free or not, if someone has spent a reasonable amount of time trying out several classes - as the OP appears to have done - then any opinion they hold is completely valid. Would any of us continue to play a game after 20 levels repeated on several classes if we didn't enjoy it? I don't think so and BW were obviously of the opinion that far less than 20 levels was enough of a taster.

Most players agree that the individual class storyline is the strength of this particular MMO and many would agree the 'endgame' content is one of its weaknesses, so to attempt to invalidate the OP's opinion simply because they didn't get to endgame is ridiculous.

I love the game but I hope I never love it to the extent I let fanboisim skew my view of the bigger picture. Nothing the OP wrote was 'wrong' because it was his personal opinion. The fact that I agree with him on a few of his points also adds weight to his opinions that I didn't share. But either way, all his opinions deserve respect.

I stopped reading when I got to this statement...

I didn't find any of the classes particularly easy to play

I'm not sure what you think of as 'easy', but this is the easiest MMO to level in ever, in the history of MMO's. I've tried many MMO's, and played several extensively, and never managed to get a character to max level. i usually got bored with the grind, or just lost interest in the game before that happened.

In this game, I have 8 max level characters, and have gotten to experience some end game material (all of the Hard Mode Flashpoints). Something I've never managed to do in other games.

There are certainly a lot of flaws in the game.. no game is perfect.. but "It's too hard" is not a legitimate complaint.. sorry..

There are certainly a lot of flaws in the game.. no game is perfect.. but "It's too hard" is not a legitimate complaint.. sorry..

Agreed. I've been playing MMOs since Ultima Online back in 1999. SW:TOR is BY FAR the easiest MMO I have ever played.

One of the reasons I like it so much. Only classes that could be considered "harder than the others" is Smuggler & Operative, and even then, that's not saying much.

It's by far the easieft MMO i have ever played,

and i don't mean that i have millions of credits to buy things.

By easy what i mean is :

1)When you get a companion you can stay alive with the least possible effort

2)Class Stories are so easy that the only way to actually die is take your hands off the keyborad.

3)FP and SM raids are so easy that you don't even "have" to move out from the circles on the ground.You can just stay there,absorb the dmg and that's it.

4)You can get the 2nd best gear in the game,without ever stepping foot on a raid(and you get if fast as well).

Seriously IMO the game needs to tune up it's difficulty

I have rerolled on another server after F2P launched, and general chat on the starter planet and major city planet (Drommund Kaas/Corascant) was SO bad it would've made my eyes bleed if I didn't ignore it. If that is all you saw from this community then no wonder it's one of the reasons you quit playing.

I will repeat what's been said (briefly). It takes longer than a month get to get know people and find decent players in any MMO, not just this one. Only giving it a month and playing to just level 20 dimishes the credibility to some of your arguements, particularly the ones specific to this game. It's a shame you didn't give it more of chance, but I would never encourage anyone to play something they didn't enjoy. It's a game it is suppose to be fun.

May I just remind people that before FTP came about, there was a trial game that limited your character to L11/L13 something like that? My point is that, free or not, if someone has spent a reasonable amount of time trying out several classes - as the OP appears to have done - then any opinion they hold is completely valid. Would any of us continue to play a game after 20 levels repeated on several classes if we didn't enjoy it? I don't think so and BW were obviously of the opinion that far less than 20 levels was enough of a taster.

Most players agree that the individual class storyline is the strength of this particular MMO and many would agree the 'endgame' content is one of its weaknesses, so to attempt to invalidate the OP's opinion simply because they didn't get to endgame is ridiculous.

I love the game but I hope I never love it to the extent I let fanboisim skew my view of the bigger picture. Nothing the OP wrote was 'wrong' because it was his personal opinion. The fact that I agree with him on a few of his points also adds weight to his opinions that I didn't share. But either way, all his opinions deserve respect.

So basicly what your saying is that if I take one taste of 5 flavors of ice cream that makes me a pro ice cream taster so I wont ever need to finish any ice cream cause I already know what 5 flavors taste like cause I tried it once?

His opinions dont deserve anything cause they are just that his opinion. The fact is he has only played enough of the game to comment on a very small % of what the game has to offer yet openly make asumsions as to how everything class player and world will be after 20.

So no he is a troll that never wanted to like the game never thought enough of it to play the whole thing and now expects we should all hop on the band wagon cause he is not informed about the game and thinks is blows.

The game do sent even start until level 50 so don't whine and b*tch how you took the adventure and didn't enjoy it cause you didn't take the adventure... you didn't even leave the parking lot.

Even though I LOVE the game, at 50, to me, its time for a new toon and story.... I never liked MMO's and I never will fully embrace them, but the 1-50 on this game is as close to KOTOR3 as I may ever see, so I am eating it all up.

There is definitly 2 crouds in ths game, the MMO croud and the RPG croud.... I am in the latter.

However, playing with my wife at the same time has helped me apreciate what a MMO can do for a game more, but we do keep to ourself and avoid groups and guilds. We can do just about all heroics and the ones we cant to, we pass on by....

As for the OP, I agree that the ninja looters can make one mad, so when do my wife and I do? We get them back the second we can....

space missions, we do not even bother with them... I did when the game launched, but not anymore.

Crafting, I am 100% agreeing... so, we dont craft, we gather and sell for nice profits on GTN.

my point... Make due in the areas you can, this game is much better then so many others say.... Life after 50 for us will begin with the expansion, can't wait. :-)

It's by far the easieft MMO i have ever played,

and i don't mean that i have millions of credits to buy things.

By easy what i mean is :

1)When you get a companion you can stay alive with the least possible effort

2)Class Stories are so easy that the only way to actually die is take your hands off the keyborad.

3)FP and SM raids are so easy that you don't even "have" to move out from the circles on the ground.You can just stay there,absorb the dmg and that's it.

4)You can get the 2nd best gear in the game,without ever stepping foot on a raid(and you get if fast as well).

I'm sorry but if you think TOR was not casual friendly enough then you need to stop playing MMOs. I haven't played another game that holds your hand as much as this one does.

Agreed. I've been playing MMOs since Ultima Online back in 1999. SW:TOR is BY FAR the easiest MMO I have ever played.

^^^This.

Aside from NiM EC (and 5+ DT and Dreadful Entity since I have attempted those) I haven't found any of the content super difficult.

I can't imagine struggling to GET Khem Val. Khem Val was the first companion I got and getting him was super easy. What exactly is the challenge the OP was experiencing - the droids? Those droids are not a challenge.

So basicly what your saying is that if I take one taste of 5 flavors of ice cream that makes me a pro ice cream taster so I wont ever need to finish any ice cream cause I already know what 5 flavors taste like cause I tried it once?

His opinions dont deserve anything cause they are just that his opinion. The fact is he has only played enough of the game to comment on a very small % of what the game has to offer yet openly make asumsions as to how everything class player and world will be after 20.

So no he is a troll that never wanted to like the game never thought enough of it to play the whole thing and now expects we should all hop on the band wagon cause he is not informed about the game and thinks is blows.

Your first and last paragraphs are ridiculous and nothing to do with anything I wrote. As for your middle comment, I will ask the following:

• At what stage do you decide whether a game is one you will enjoy enough to continue to play?
  • Bearing in mind that L50 combat is the same as combat during the early levels, wouldn't you say that if someone didn't enjoy the combat mechanism at L20 they are unlikely to enjoy it at L50 (note for clarity: more skills does not change a combat system)?
  • Outside of instanced operations, what exactly does the game offer at L50 that it doesn't offer at sub-L50? (Sub-50 PvP? Check. Sub-50 FPs? Check. Bosses that take several groups to beat? Check).

The OP didn't enjoy his experience during and after a month of playing and he explained why eloquently and with a lot of humour. Get over someone not enjoying a game you do enjoy. His opinion is perfectly acceptable, valid and does not necessitate the defensive soundbite comments that only serve to make those replying in such a manner look the troll, not the OP.

Edited by KariTalRathe

I agreed for the most part.

Space Combat we all know its just horrible the few people that really enjoy it , I assumed are doing the best they can to enjoy it with what they got or havent really play a fun space combat experience before.

The RPing I haven't tried but havent seen much of it either.

The community on my server is not bad and kinda helpfull to be honest but it also feels like theirs some seriousness or quit dissapointment on the air that nobody talks about certaintly not vivid and super fun community more like a bunch of people getting out of work to play a game they want to finish (story) to move on to another mmo , I think thats what it feels like a mmo that people are playing just waiting for something better.

Quests rewards I agreed and one shouldnt be forced to level 50 levels to start enjoying the game because the ''game starts at level 50'' thats just stupid.

The one thing that has kept me going and that I really am enjoying compared to other mmos is the pvp while a lot of QQing , I find the pvp in this game the most balanced of recently release mmos and even older ones , sure theres classes stronger than others but the stronger classes always have a counter class or a few weaknesses you can exploit with teamwork and thats what the pvp feels here like it was design with groups in mind not 1 v 1 .

Sadly pvp wont hold me forever since I hate having to grind pvp gear everytime a pvp designer sneezes and decides to add pvp gear or a new expansion comes and the warzones while fun for a while its just not enough , I need world pvp , pvp dynamic events , arenas or at the very least more warzones put in more frequently , I know they put the new one recenlty but aside from the fact that the randomizer for queing is f'up and I barely get to play the new one ( to the point I forget it exists and get surprised when I see the loading screen) it just gets boring fast .

The way I picture Ilum ( a pvp planet!!!) I was ready to pack my stuff and live in Ilum forever just pvping until I die and die and die again but like Space combat they didnt deliver and now is just a dead planet.

Going to move on from this game soon to try GW2 pvp or maybe Neverwinter online which looks kinda really good but my wish is to someday have a genuine fun Star Wars mmo out there . Maybe a mix of SWTOR and SWG or something new but something fun. I guess I can hope since the franchise will now be alive for a long time thanks to Disney and they will exploit it more than they have marvel but I am not holding my breath since it is Disney and they havent handle marvel very well in the game department or rather the cartoons and series making the game developers work with a marvel tone that isnt the same as it was. keep wqishing and hoping maybe a Jedi Knight 3 , Battlefront 3 ,Republic Commando 2 and /or Galactic Empire 2 will come out in the future and make me happy.

Yeah, I do the same thing, never level more than 2 characters at the same time and always opposite faction. Right now I'm focusing on a Vanguard and a Sorc.

Yeah, a couple people I know basically killed the game for themselves by playing too many characters at once. Ended up going through Belsavis multiple times in a row and just burned out before even getting one to 50.

Your first and last paragraphs are ridiculous and nothing to do with anything I wrote. As for your middle comment, I will ask the following:

• At what stage do you decide whether a game is one you will enjoy enough to continue to play?
  • Bearing in mind that L50 combat is the same as combat during the early levels, wouldn't you say that if someone didn't enjoy the combat mechanism at L20 they are unlikely to enjoy it at L50 (note for clarity: more skills does not change a combat system)?
  • Outside of instanced operations, what exactly does the game offer at L50 that it doesn't offer at sub-L50? (Sub-50 PvP? Check. Sub-50 FPs? Check. Bosses that take several groups to beat? Check).

The OP didn't enjoy his experience during and after a month of playing and he explained why eloquently and with a lot of humour. Get over someone not enjoying a game you do enjoy. His opinion is perfectly acceptable, valid and does not necessitate the defensive soundbite comments that only serve to make those replying in such a manner look the troll, not the OP.

See i love how my comment is "ridiculous" cause I use Ice cream flavors and not classes. Its same F in thing. He tried a class the same as I tasted ice cream. If you cant see the relation its again cause you never wanted too.

If I buy a game and dont hate it in the first 10min of playing it I play it as far as I can make it. IE I never beat mike tyson in punch out sorry. To hop in and play a game for 20 lvls that has 50 and a ton of content that you dont get untill 50 and then cry about what the games lacks is a bunch of B.S.

And if you could please explain to me how playing a lvl 20 BH and a LvL 50 are the same I would love to hear that one. Are you saying cause you have tab taget and clicky or press a key bind cause outside of that there is nothing the same. Just because you use big words doesnt mean you know what your talking about or that your points are any more valid then those that dont.

If you support dipping you toe in the water to the world how the tide changes go for it. I would rather take the advise of someone that finishied the game not someone that gave up less then 1/2 way threw.

Just sayin.

Oh Darth, do go back and read the OP again before making the same mistake over and over. Clue: he didn't taste just one flavour of ice cream.

Now, after having played 8 characters up to around level 20

The OP tried out 8 classes and played 4 weeks. You have implied you would give a game 10 minutes. Yet you think his opinion isn't the valid one.

Oh Darth, do go back and read the OP again before making the same mistake over and over. Clue: he didn't taste just one flavour of ice cream.

I would say, judging by this thread, there's a lot of people who think his opinion is not valid, myself included.

The OP burned himself out lvling 8 toons, 4 per side. I can't even bring myself to play 2 on the same side, let alone 4. The repition in world missions and flashpoints alone would drive me insane, as it has obviously done so for the OP.

He burned himself out with the way he was playing, then blamed the game for it. I have to agree, that IS ridiculous.

He probably got as far as Taris / Balmorra on either side. Both planets ARE a long grind. Can you imagine levelling 4 toons through each? No wonder he stopped playing.

All the points he made were related to him burning out on lvling 8 toons while only sampling beginning content. He has no one to blame but himself.

By the way, don't quit your day job, you make a lousy Devil's Advocate.

The OP tried out 8 classes and played 4 weeks. You have implied you would give a game 10 minutes. Yet you think his opinion isn't the valid one.

He implied that if he liked a game in the first 10 minutes of play, he would continue playing till the end before passing judgment on that game. Unlike what the OP did. You are twisting words to fit your agenda. You're only digging yourself a hole that's making you look worse with every word you utter in this thread.

Please continue.

Edited by CaptRavenous

Good lord, I haven't got an agenda. I also specifically referred to an 'implication' so Darth could clarify if I had misunderstood. You also make assumptions about the OP having burned himself out when there is absolutely no indication of that, HE JUST DIDN'T LIKE THE GAME. Nor did he like the community and there are lot here proving his point.

ETA: The first 20 levels or so are so class story heavy that I dispute entirely the notion that repetition was his 'real' issue. Unless you are suggesting there is no diversity between classes and/or their indivual story-line.

Edited by KariTalRathe

Good lord, I haven't got an agenda. I also specifically referred to an 'implication' so Darth could clarify if I had misunderstood. You also make assumptions about the OP having burned himself out when there is absolutely no indication of that, HE JUST DIDN'T LIKE THE GAME. Nor did he like the community and there are lot here proving his point.

ETA: The first 20 levels or so are so class story heavy that I dispute entirely the notion that repetition was his 'real' issue. Unless you are suggesting there is no diversity between classes and/or their indivual story-line.

"Questing in general was repetitive,"

"Somehow SWTOR has managed to make its crafting system far less engaging or interesting, yet 100x more tedious and time-consuming (even with 20 companions running crew skills while you're adventuring, you're going to be hard-pressed to make those upgrades at a useful time in your career if you don't literally pause and stand around for a couple days at a time, lest you find your bags full while you're trying to become a Revanite or applying your crafted solution to hydrosupplies (by the way, the Black Bisector questline was definitely worth the fifteen bucks, but only once...). I will admit, SWTOR's crafting is a lot deeper than I expected (and coming from a game like SWG, my expectations were pretty high) but ultimately I ended up taking gathering skills on most of my toons after becoming frustrated with how long the crafting professions took to yield tangible results."

"About the only other thing worth mentioning in this treatise on why I won't be playing SWTOR anymore is the community, well, in my opinion, the lack of a community. I rolled characters on 4 different servers, just so I could get a taste of the different communities; a PVE server, a PVP server, an RP server, and a european PVE server. Here's what I've found; no difference whatsoever. Everyone seems to be in a very bad mood, that's the only way I can describe it. Is it gamers in general? 2 generations of curmuddgeons with no social skills and a jaded world perspective?"

"I realize that I've only really seen 20% of the game at most. And I'm sure the other 80% is just boffo. But it's the journey folks, and the journey isn't particularly fun, you see? There's no way I can possibly suffer through 35 more levels of SWTOR just to see an endgame that may be just as frustrating as the early levels. After having played for a month, my own personal impression is that SWTOR is not a casual-friendly game, and it is certainly not a newbie-friendly game. In fact, I would unfortunately have to put it as the #2 least newbie-friendly MMO of all time (FYI, #1 is, and probably always will be, SWG)."

"Is that because I'm anti-social? Well, not really. And if you're more unsatisfied than you care to admit, just remember there are other paths you might take."

There's about 5 to 7 class missions a planet, most of the missions you do are world missions. By his own admission, he only ran Esseles, then never bothered with any other flashpoints or group missions. Meaning most of what he did were World missions, which would be the same for characters on the same faction. That's doing the same world missions 4 times each side.

Yeah, he didn't like the game, but he felt the need to rip it a new one before leaving. I've been here over a year now, and I've seen NONE of what he was complaining about, along with many other players here.

But hey, if the game really is that bad, and the community stinks so much, then why are YOU still here? Again, you're just playing Devil's Advocate for the fun of it.

When he realized he didn't like the game, he should of just left the game and gone on to something he liked, but that ISN'T what he did.

Like a person who has had bad past relationships, looking for the flaws in the new person(SW:TOR) they are dating, he found some, or made some up (he admits in his post, he was assuming the rest of the game after lvl 20 was just as bad), then dumped his new "girlfriend"(SW:TOR), then posted to Facebook (SW:TOR forums), spouting half-truths and outright lies about this person(SW:TOR), so everyone in the world could know how terrible this person(SW:TOR) they were dating was, and how DARE they(SW:TOR) have imperfections.

He was mad because his new lover, SW:TOR, didn't live up to his impossibly high expectations, so had to tear SW:TOR down before leaving. He came here hoping to find others to help him justify his position. He found very few.

While his opinion may be right for him, most of us don't share it. So, we disagree, and say we believe him to be wrong.

If you can't accept this, life is going to be very harsh on you.

I think you took a wrong turn somewhere Capt.

I responded to someone calling the OP a troll, by saying the OP's opinion was valid and deserved to be respected whether it was an opinion you (generic) agreed with or not. You seem to come to the same conclusion - though taking many, many more paragraphs of basically saying someone with a negative opinion shouldn't be free to express it before doing so.

As to why I am here. If you mean why am I playing SW:TOR, why would I not play it? I like the game. If you mean something else, then please elaborate.

Edited by KariTalRathe

I think you took a wrong turn somewhere Capt.

I responded to someone calling the OP a troll, by saying the OP's opinion was valid and deserved to be respected whether it was an opinion you (generic) agreed with or not. You seem to come to the same conclusion - though taking many, many more paragraphs of basically saying someone with a negative opinion shouldn't be free to express it before doing so.

As to why I am here. If you mean why am I playing SW:TOR, why would I not play it? I like the game. If you mean something else, then please elaborate.

So you trolled a troll for trolling a troll. I see.

The OP was trolling, I agree. BTW, see here for the reasons we were giving a hard time to the OP for his trolling. His opinion was NOT valid, and he was a victim of his own short-sightedness and ignorance.

Not responding to you after this, I only go so far with circular arguements.

I wasn't trolling anyone and nor do I believe the OP was.

I think you have selective reading to be honest as not only have you twisted what I have written, you have also failed to acknowledge that the OP made some positive points about the game along with his gripes and you have clearly misunderstood the forum rules. I don't consider his post to be a mindless 'bashing' thread (and obviously neither do the mods, seeing as it is still around weeks after having been written) and the rules you linked to say that only if a list of gripes contains no useful feedback is it considered non-constructive. Well, the OP certainly gave plenty of useful feedback.

You may not like what he wrote, you may not agree with it, but his opinion is as valid as mine, yours and everyone else who has the liberty of writing to these forums.

Clone War Adventures vs. SWTOR

*clipped*

1. It is far harder to level SWTOR than WoW. However, things have been getting easier with the Cartel shop. Best Example? At one point, Bioware actual gave people 30 days of gaming if they made it to 50. I know many of you will scream at the top of your lungs, Leveling is Soooo easy. Compared to WoW, it's not easy. This is actually one of the guy's main and repeated complaints.

It's all relative and depends on a player's skills, I hate when people find a game easy or hard and think it should be the same for everyone, people have different level of gaming skills and some come from other games or genres and have a learning curve to adapt to.

My first mmo was SWG, I almost quit before my first 30 days was up, I was finding it all too frustrating. Suddenly a Mon Cal Doc (so wish I rmembered his name...) offered some help, next thing I knew we were forming a group of 4 and I absolutely fell in LOVE with that game.

To the OP I have to say, TOR is much the same in that regard, it is INFINITELY more enjoyable when playing with others, please try to find groups and make some online friends if you don't know anyone, it will make this game a blast!

*clipped

1. The community is the same group of people who play these games. And yes, no real interaction occurs until max level.

This has not been my experience, I've found plenty of people willing to group, and work together at lower levels, had add requests and have requested to add friends after a great FP or heroic run, player interaction may not be as high as it was in SWG or games like EverQuest but it is there. The game is young I look forward to seeing a community build and grow. (fingers and toes crossed)

*clipped*