New Stronghold this year?

Anghkor

The only downside to Manaan SH would be the limited number of Manaan & Selkath decos available. If I have a sleek SH, I kinda want sleek decos with which to furnish it.

Deco's are a larger problem. You're right about this but the flow of decorations is not good in this game. Some of the Selkath stuff isn't even on the GTN anymore for a while now on TRE. That's a high population server.

If they were to bring out a new Stronghold, I'd be happy with that cause it would make me play the game for a while at least but even though I have a lot of decorations compared to most people probably, I already feel too stretched between the current 5 Strongholds and I don't really redecorate because I cannot create enough themes to variate between. We really need a lot more decorations and a lot of them basic stuff like various colours carpets, banners, lights and such. Banners without specific insignia on them I mean. That way you can make different themes and redecorate for fun. Also Tatooine and Yavin have such a high cap for decorations, but not as many hooks spread out over the areas so you have to do a lot of compact stuff, which is tough to do withou making things look too crowded.

I really wish there were many more basic but nice decorations to be able to make Strongholds worth revisiting. Replay value if you will. Think for example about the luxurt carpets. We have red and blue. What about white, green, yellow, black, etc? Same for banners. I have a lot of imperial banners but I'd rather have a version without the imperial symbol on them...also in blue, white, red black, yellow, etc.

Things like that make it nicer to decorate and redecorate. So I would want a new Stronghold but also the decorations need an overhaul. Too much has relied on the Cartel Market there, including those cartel certificates and it's keeping me from doing anything with my Strongholds now that they are done.

BW really needs to stop thinking in making content in a way that you stop once you finished the first time. Give us reasons to have more fun with Strongholds.

Another idea is different skins for the Strongholds themselves. Some people like DK but hate the constant rain. Why not a skin where it snows or the sun shines with a different colour base for the entire Stronghold. Same with Nar Shaddaa or Coruscant....would be nice to have different colours on them than orange.

Stuff like that you know that keep you coming back to your Strongholds.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish there were many more basic but nice decorations to be able to make Strongholds worth revisiting. Replay value if you will. Think for example about the luxurt carpets. We have red and blue. What about white, green, yellow, black, etc? Same for banners. I have a lot of imperial banners but I'd rather have a version without the imperial symbol on them...also in blue, white, red black, yellow, etc.

You're right, I think that having some colored banners with no logos would be great for use as wall hangings or tapestries. Or lights for the ceiling that come from the deco vendor but in colors other than yellow (give me blue lights, pure white ones, maybe even orange or purple, etc). Add a variant of the Ancient Library Archive that has the purple lights. Add a few more generic carpets in plain colors. It's just a color reskin of existing decos but it allows for more variety and not just 50 of the same rug.

Another idea is different skins for the Strongholds themselves. Some people like DK but hate the constant rain. Why not a skin where it snows or the sun shines with a different colour base for the entire Stronghold. Same with Nar Shaddaa or Coruscant....would be nice to have different colours on them than orange.

Hey, that's a super cool idea. Could make it easier to feel like that SH is on a different planet than it really is. I find the Coruscant lighting hard to work with sometimes.

• 1 month later...

so much this, like in Wildstar. I would love for my Nar Shaddaa to come with different color schemes, and maybe alternate "cityscapes" in the distance to change it up. I mean it is floating after all, so it could be anywhere. lol

• 1 month later...

How about a Makeb stronghold? :D

I mean they already did a lot of concept art and some that didn't even make the cut. http://swtorstrongholds.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/makeb-house2.jpg

I mean this house would be perfect for an elegant place to live. We saved Makeb so its not dead. Not to mention the fact that we can actually get a home people would enjoy! I mean come on you have to love this house. It stunningly beautiful like Alderaan, it's at night with a planet in the back ground, you have white birds flying about, its not ugly, it's just amazing.