OK, I'm pathetic. I want my female BH to look good AND tough.

galadimana

Ok, so here’s my sad situation. I want my bounty hunter (Female, Body type 3) to look good, AND tough, AND like a girl (as opposed to a [possibly, you can’t prove anything!] steroidal linebacker.) I understand that choosing BT3 may have been a mistake in this regard, and I accept that. But maybe someone has a solution for me.

My thoughts: As I leveled her from 1-11 so far, I thought I’d get over the terrible, terrible looking armor I have so far from drops/etc (did I mention terrible?) Her pants are clownish, canvass-y with purple and white stripes (?), the blue and yellow smears on her chest piece look hideous, and no other pieces even begin to address the ugly… and when one of my guildies suggested Unifying colors (shoulda thoughta that myself, of course), it unshockingly went from Totally Horrible to Almost Totally Horrible. I was underwhelmed.

So of course, I will be grinding some credits on my other 2 L50s to get her some much nicer Adaptable (or at least Orange) armor to level up in… but though I will end up a PT tank, I’m looking for alternatives to an armored behemothlady.

So now I appeal to you, the wise and kind Forumites who have nothing but good in your hearts and help any passersby and newbies who ask for assistance… Any ideas that won’t break my bank?

(Other general impressions – I like sleek pants, not skirts. Form-fitting armors without crazy shoulderpads… but not going for the ‘courtesan’ look for her, either, so no ‘dancing girl’ outfits, for her at least. (maybe for Mako…) Mako’s initial appearance with a little more bulk is what I’m kinda shooting for, maybe in a different color scheme… though I’m not familiar enough with all the armors to know what I should look for for options.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Black Talon set is actually not to terrible to look at - very slim and streamlined compared to later sets with the football-pad shoulders. The chest is all but guaranteed to drop and is orange-grade.

You're gonna love the the Clan Varad stuff from Mandolorian raiders FP: Eeeew

• 2 weeks later...
Try this, granted it's got strength mods in it - but considering it's a modifiable purple, just rip the bits out and whack some BH stuff in it. As for the rest - it can go kinda well with the dancers leggings from the Sec Key vendor (if you've got one) and I'm fairly sure there are some adaptive legs around that are relatively plain/form fitting that'd work well with it. Edited by Forgettableone

• 2 weeks later...

If you read any of the Star Wars Republic Commando series

All Mandalorian Commandos look good in their armor. Mandalorian are not judged by race or sex but only by their dedication to the Mando life style and culture. I have been trounced by many female bike racers who had the same outfit on as their male counterpart (well lyricra and shaved legs may swing both ways). Are you playing a class first or want a hot chick who happens to be a BH. This is a question not an accusation.

Now there is some really good lightly padded armor and some cool boots and gloves that have more armor that make a cool balance. Check out the adaptive pilot outfits in the space port and the social armor you can buy on planets.

If you stay away from heavy Mando Knight style armor you will not be as much of a target in war zones. More of a fast shock trooper. The Gree stuff always rocks (helmet?).

If you like Mando story line get traditional armor, but not the gaudy heavy tank stuff and keep the helmet off on base.

Just my opinion

Wow, the fact that people think the BT3 looks like someone on steroids just makes me lose faith in humanity.

Almost every female bounty hunter i see is BT1 so it seems people think that anorectic 14 year olds is the new norm for female forms.

To me this is how the bodies look:

BT1: Anorectic 14 year old stunted in growth.

BT2: Skinny woman in her late teens.

BT3: Athletic woman in her twenties.

BT4: Normal, healthy woman.

But from conversations with other players on the subject, heres how most seem to view it:

BT1: Good looking woman.

BT2: Curvy woman

BT3: Woman on steroids

BT4: Fatso.

It sickens me to hear stuff like that.

As for finding non-tank looking armor sets, try looking through some of the Imperial Agent stuff. A medium chest piece wont ruin your armor score too much (and it wont matter if you play as mercenary) so thats an option.

Find some of the leg and feet pieces from the sith warriors, as some of them are a bit more slim than the bounty hunters.

Other than that, theres always the adaptable stuff from the CM which can be nice looking on a bounty hunter if you combine the right pieces.

EDIT: Btw, heres my bounty hunter. She is type 3 and i cant say she looks like a tank on steroids...

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2itj5ok.jpg

Later i beefed her up a bit too with heavier chest, leg and feet armor, but she still doesnt look as heavy as a BT2 male in the same outfit.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/5l82vk.jpg

Edited by OddballEasyEight

BT3: Athletic tall woman in her twenties.

But from conversations with other players on the subject, heres how most seem to view it:

THIS. (with a little correction underlined to fit it perfectly)

Also i played all my female characters in BT4 and i normally get said in /w that my characters are attractive, but also being said in group/ops chats "why u like to play a fattie?" by some stupids.

The only thing i really miss is the chance to set height of characters, cause to be fair, i really preffered to work on apperances in other BTs, but the height of each of them make it impossible, i really love the height of BT4.

EDIT: Btw, heres my bounty hunter. She is type 3 and i cant say she looks like a tank on steroids...

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2itj5ok.jpg

Later i beefed her up a bit too with heavier chest, leg and feet armor, but she still doesnt look as heavy as a BT2 male in the same outfit.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/5l82vk.jpg

What legplates and boots are you using in the first picture?

What legplates and boots are you using in the first picture?

Ancient Vindicators Boots and Fortified Electrum Greaves.

EDIT: Wait, those arent Fortified Electrum Greaves (although i used to have those before, and they were even slimmer), Those are the ones you got when you dinged lvl 50 before...

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Wow, the fact that people think the BT3 looks like someone on steroids just makes me lose faith in humanity.

Almost every female bounty hunter i see is BT1 so it seems people think that anorexic 14 year olds is the new norm for female forms.

BT1: Anorexic 14 year old stunted in growth.

BT3: Athletic woman in her twenties.

It sickens me to hear stuff like that.

It's just as uncool making scathing stereotypes one way as it is the other. I find some of your judgements equally offputting as the "lolz fattie" ones.

For one, if you think that it's unusual/unhealthy for a young teenage girl to be as skinny as Type 1, then you're too used to all the overweight kids that are running around in the U.S. these days. While all of Bioware's proportions are a bit wonky, I played basketball and ran cross country/track with several fellow Type 1s in high school. And while Type 4 certainly isn't a "fattie" by any means, she's likely treading in overweight waters, by health standards.

Please note, this is in no way a judgement on what you do, or don't, find attractive, and I personally think your BH gal looks great in those screenies. But from a "healthy" vs. "anorexic" perspective, you're way, way off.

It's just as uncool making scathing stereotypes one way as it is the other. I find some of your judgements equally offputting as the "lolz fattie" ones.

For one, if you think that it's unusual/unhealthy for a young teenage girl to be as skinny as Type 1, then you're too used to all the overweight kids that are running around in the U.S. these days. While all of Bioware's proportions are a bit wonky, I played basketball and ran cross country/track with several fellow Type 1s in high school. And while Type 4 certainly isn't a "fattie" by any means, she's likely treading in overweight waters, by health standards.

Please note, this is in no way a judgement on what you do, or don't, find attractive, and I personally think your BH gal looks great in those screenies. But from a "healthy" vs. "anorexic" perspective, you're way, way off.

Im swedish, so im hardly used to the "fat kids of the USA".

Type 4 is not treading in overweight waters, she is well within bounds for weight to height. And Type 1 IS anorectic. Just because youve seen plenty of type 1 in real life doesnt mean its healthy.

Im swedish, so im hardly used to the "fat kids of the USA".

Type 4 is not treading in overweight waters, she is well within bounds for weight to height. And Type 1 IS anorectic. Just because youve seen plenty of type 1 in real life doesnt mean its healthy.

At 12 or 13?? That's perfectly normal for an active girl at that age. Underweight for an adult, sure, but not an early teen. Athletes don't starve themselves because they don't have any fuel to run/play on if they do. Also, it's anorexic. If you're Swedish then English isn't your first language; but if you're going to be slinging judgements, you might as well learn the correct word.

As for Type 4, I'mma just link some BMI charts here. While BMI goes awry if somebody is a body builder, Type 4 definitely isn't that.

BMI Chart 1

BMI Chart 2

BMI Chart 3

...which of these does No. 4 look most like? Hint: It's overweight.

Anyways, my original point stands. QQing about others making scathing comments based on size, while turning around and doing it yourself in the other direction, is hypocritical in the extreme.

Edited by Sarielle

At 12 or 13?? That's perfectly normal for an active girl at that age. Underweight for an adult, sure, but not an early teen. Athletes don't starve themselves because they don't have any fuel to run/play on if they do. Also, it's anorexic. If you're Swedish then English isn't your first language; but if you're going to be slinging judgements, you might as well learn the correct word.

As for Type 4, I'mma just link some BMI charts here. While BMI goes awry if somebody is a body builder, Type 4 definitely isn't that.

BMI Chart 1

BMI Chart 2

BMI Chart 3

...which of these does No. 4 look most like? Hint: It's overweight.

Anyways, my original point stands. QQing about others making scathing comments based on size, while turning around and doing it yourself in the other direction, is hypocritical in the extreme.

But we are not talking about 12-13 year olds are we?

These body types are supposed to be adults. All the characters in-game that have the female body type 1 are adults, not 12-13 year olds.

Also, BMI is not a very accurate measurment of health.

But we are not talking about 12-13 year olds are we?

Uh...

Apparently we are. I also don't see, from what I've played, any issue with assuming some of the characters are quite young -- particularly the padawans/apprentices, which are set up to be prodigies anyway. Yeah, makes the romance options creepy but you don't have to pursue those.

Also, BMI is not a very accurate measurment of health.

Lol I knew you were going to go here. I even mentioned it has its flaws, but when doctors tell you you're over/underweight for your height, it's what they reference.

Not sure if any of you watch Mad Men, but I see Body Type 4 on women as Joan Harris (Christina Hendricks). BT4 is just VERY curvy, but not fat at all. I honestly prefer 4 to the rest of them.

Not sure if any of you watch Mad Men, but I see Body Type 4 on women as Joan Harris (Christina Hendricks). BT4 is just VERY curvy, but not fat at all. I honestly prefer 4 to the rest of them.

Christina Hendricks is a gorgeous lady, I agree. But I'd also say by health standards, she probably is in the overweight category as well, particularly if she's shorter (I have no idea how tall she is). "Curves" on women are fat. Some people are lucky enough to have that fat distributed in an hourglass pattern. That's just how it goes. It's why you almost never see a very slim woman also be (naturally) well-endowed.

Anyway, this has gone way off the rails. I really only posted to point out the irony of someone dissing people for belittling certain body types ... while doing exactly that themselves.

Edited by Sarielle

Me, personally, I think body type 2 is just right for females if you want to look attractive, but not too distracting. Type 1 is too skinny, type 3 has the shoulders just a little too broad, and type 4 is too voluptuous (not necessarily fat) for my taste.

Uh...

Apparently we are. I also don't see, from what I've played, any issue with assuming some of the characters are quite young -- particularly the padawans/apprentices, which are set up to be prodigies anyway. Yeah, makes the romance options creepy but you don't have to pursue those.

No, i said she LOOKS like an anorexic 14 year old stunted in growth. But the characters using that body type are supposedly adults.

The youngest companion you have is mako and she is 19 when the game starts.

Christina Hendricks is a gorgeous lady, I agree. But I'd also say by health standards, she probably is in the overweight category as well, particularly if she's shorter (I have no idea how tall she is). "Curves" on women are fat. Some people are lucky enough to have that fat distributed in an hourglass pattern. That's just how it goes. It's why you almost never see a very slim woman also be (naturally) well-endowed.

Anyway, this has gone way off the rails. I really only posted to point out the irony of someone dissing people for belittling certain body types ... while doing exactly that themselves.

/Thread

No, i said she LOOKS like an anorexic 14 year old stunted in growth. But the characters using that body type are supposedly adults.

The youngest companion you have is mako and she is 19 when the game starts.

You can make a player character that bodystyle, at any age that works in your head. And that wouldn't be stunted or anorexic for a 14-year-old. I'm not going to perpetuate the whole BMI bit, because that's turned into a red herring at this point to avoid discussing hypocrisy.

Edited by Sarielle