Gear Minimum Denova?

I laugh everytime i see this in general chat.. .and i see it a lot....

**LFM for EV HM or KP HM or Denova SM ,, MUST be in Full Rakata or better.....**

LOL... Why do so many people require you to be in gear that is equal to or better than the gear that the instance even drops?

Is it so you won't roll need on anything? I honestly want to know.

I'm guessing this is the reason. I joined a HM EV about a month ago where the leader was spamming "Need 1 geared DPS for HM EV and g2g." I whispered him and he asked about my gear. I told him I was full Rakata + BH and he invited me. It was a guild run that was missing a DPS so I thought everything was going to be fine and I didn't bother checking any of the other people in the group. After two wipes on the first boss I finally decided to check the other players. A few were Rakata but the majority of them were Columi + Tionese or worse. They were looking for a fully geared player to basically help them gear up their guild because they knew I wouldn't need any of the drops.

• 1 month later...
So sorry guys to tell this most of u say that the minimum gear is rakata or columi rakata column mix but i am tank with assassin and i did this many time on SM and HM and i wears the php full battle master gear now i finally completed the full rakata and i don't see any difference PS this comm was not to say that anyone is wrong in what they are saying but take this gear i told ya as an approved gear for denova :):):):)

So sorry guys to tell this most of u say that the minimum gear is rakata or columi rakata column mix but i am tank with assassin and i did this many time on SM and HM and i wears the php full battle master gear now i finally completed the full rakata and i don't see any difference PS this comm was not to say that anyone is wrong in what they are saying but take this gear i told ya as an approved gear for denova :):):):)

You realize that Battlemaster has 58-level (Rakata-equivalent) mods in it, correct?

I have done this in full columi with no problems. A few pieces of rakata will definetly help out. As long as you know the fights, it will be easy with that gear combo.

And thats pretty much what it boils down too: *IF* you know the fights, and you playing at your peak, Columi is fine. Rakata+ just gives you more margin for error. Which, when dealing with PUGs, is what its all about.

Can one or two people in the group be full columni and get it done? Sure. If the whole group is full columni, you are probably not going to get through it. This is for a couple of reasons. First is the enrage timers and the bombers on Kephyss. You need solid DPS on those bombers or you won't get the walker down. Secondly, if you don't have at least some Rakata, it means you likely have never cleared HM Eternity Vault or Karagga's Palace, and that means the learning curve on the mechanics will be very high. If no one in the group has ever cleared EC before and no one has even done HM EV or KP, it's going to be a really rough raid even if you've watched some videos on how it's done.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious on Kephess, what are the dps requirements to get him down before enrage timers. I tried the SM today and we couldn't kill the walker after 3 bombs (10% left) then we started dying.

My DPS was 950. Is that lower than it should be for this fight?

Thanks

Healed this in a mix of Columi and BM gear (fully augmented) with no problems, at that time didn't have any rakata gear myself. 2-3 group members (including one of the tanks) was well geared (mostly BH). So it can be done in full columi, but it doesn't hurt to have at least a few more geared people in the group. We wiped 2-3 times on the tanks, but that was due to the fact that one of the tanks did this the first time and wasn't familiar with the mechanics.