HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

gabarooni

The way the game is set up it seems pretty pointless to use a dps companion I only ever use Healers and I guess if I ever rolled a healer I might use a Tank. So what is the hype with the HK-51? Seems to me its just gonna be another useless companion collecting dust unless they made the game more like Kotor and you could have 2 companions.

Being a Tank myself and having tank alts as well, I'm very happy that he is DPS, Tank companion would be of no help whatsoever to me.

Hated being forced to bring T7 to Dromund Kaas with me. Even C2-N2 would have helped 10 times more than an astromech... tank

By the way HK droids are Assassin Droids, not beefy tanks and most definitely not medical droids. So him being DPS makes perfect sense.

Edited by Aelther

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not appeasing me sadly. :(

I was sort of excited about it, until I saw the list of things that you'll have to do to get one. I was fine up until it said the hardmode, and seeing as I don't do those, don't belong to a guild and play alone or with my hubby, I'll [soon] have one.

I get that you don't do Hard Mode Flashpoints but if you did you'd be aware that you and your husband can 2 man HM Foundry :D, so you see there's not really a problem at all!

P.S: I love being the bearer of good news.

Edited by AshlaBoga

• 1 month later...
It's not appeasing me sadly. :(

I was sort of excited about it, until I saw the list of things that you'll have to do to get one. I was fine up until it said the hardmode, and seeing as I don't do those, don't belong to a guild and play alone or with my hubby, I'll never have one. It's a dissapointment, and its certainly not enough to motivate me to become suddenly sociable.

What I'd really like to see is more class story...how about chapters 4,5,6? And I don't mean stupid quests here or there or wherever. I want the quests to be part of the story, to mean something, for there to be an actual story again.:( I guess I just miss convos with my companions...and wish for new companions for the toons that got rooked, like my lady trooper, consular and my male SI.

Ran hardmode foundry today with two guildies and a pug tank. Me and the tank were not geared. You can do HM Foundry in the free recruit pvp gear, just so you know. They put in a hardmode because why not, but they chose one that has a gearcheck of "just turned 50".

And as AshlaBoga said, you can 2m most if not all of HM Foundry. You most certainly can 3 man it.

Edited by eldefail

It was a really, really cool mission chain to do. I enjoyed the feel of it, especially the Theoretica part, but also dialogues on Belsavis. Oh, and the drama around Tatooine. The droid itself is more of a symbolic value than pragmatic.

The way the game is set up it seems pretty pointless to use a dps companion I only ever use Healers and I guess if I ever rolled a healer I might use a Tank. So what is the hype with the HK-51? Seems to me its just gonna be another useless companion collecting dust unless they made the game more like Kotor and you could have 2 companions.

Ya he's simply there as a way to appease KOTOR fans.

I always use healer comp. It's the quickest way to kill things since I have no downtime. And let's not forget that when you get attacked by players (doing dailies for example), a healer comp is infinitely more useful than any other type of companion.

It's totally useless. The only way to make companions relevant is to have them in flash points normal and HM ones. And expanded there stories let them talk in flash mode. This is a story driven MMO problem is when you get to level 50 the story ends. And if you have all affection with companions this ends as well.

Ya he's simply there as a way to appease KOTOR fans.

I always use healer comp. It's the quickest way to kill things since I have no downtime. And let's not forget that when you get attacked by players (doing dailies for example), a healer comp is infinitely more useful than any other type of companion.

eh, i use jorgan with my commando. Everything dies really fast and i really don't lose much health. Elara makes the fights so slow and it takes longer to get things done.

Efficiency bonus on all gathering missions

Crit bonus on all crafting

His assassinate ability is absurdly powerful. I don't care if you don't see the point. The rest of us do.

You sir are hitting the nail on the head. Had him out in Black hole other day and just to see what it would do I payed attention to his dmg on assassinate... one of the atempts critted for just over 62k dmg :eek:

Isn't *every* companion pointless? I mean, when the idea of companions was revealed, I was quite looking forward to this. But now, they are just making up for you being not so strong solo. You + companion = one player in other MMOs.

They almost say nothing, I never got enough "love" from most of them to actually start any personal dialogue, and where I did, it was just hollow, pointless bla bla.

While every mindless drone NPC tells me his ENTIRE life story, my own companions say almost nothing. I really, really wished Bioware would swapped those priorities and make pointles NPCs talk LESS and companions MORE. As it is, companions are a totally failed game addition.

The only soloish pve content I do is an occasional H2 on Belsavis for quick cash and mods i can sell on GTN, and the BH weekly. I don't need HK for that. Probably will still get it sometime in the future, but not a priority for me as of now. Also, I should roll a republic toon as well, and I just don't want to do that now :)

As a tank ST he is useless to me in combat, makes for a great fleet toy though. Fully geared Mako is my companion of choice, she is a better healer than 50% of hears on my server.

However, I do hope that once level cap goes up, or when they add more class story missions you get to play with all of your crew. As a BH I had a mission when I got all of my companions fighting together, and that was awesome. I hope to do that once more with HK.

I kinda want him for crafting..kinda bad ain't it ?:D

Nope. That's the main reason I want him. His bonuses are nice. Yes, it's only 5% mission efficiency and 1% crafting crit, but it works for every crew skill. And my Bounty Hunter, for example, has two companions with Armormech efficiency, but none with Armormech crit. HK will be my go-to crafting companion just for that extra 1% crit chance. When I get him up to 10,000 affection, anyway.

I don't quite get why he has to be endgame stuff. I admit, I like the idea of seeing more non-raid content for my level capped characters to do. By the time I'm 50, what do I care about having another companion?

OR they just need to start adding more quest reward companions for different levels. Perhaps as flashpoint loot or warzone rewards... whatever. Gives F2P a reason to buy weekly passes as well.

Edited by Avatarless