View Single Post

Kquark
01.22.2014 , 06:27 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
Now I'm not using the atrocity that is Windows 8/8, but here are some things you may wish to try:

I. Here are some step-by-step instructions to set your resolution manually before starting the game, hopefully it will help:

1. Make sure the game is not running.
2. Copy %LocalAppData%\SWTOR\swtor\settings and paste it into your Windows Explorer's address bar (i hope Windows 8.x still allows you to do that).
3. Open the file client_settings.ini with your favorite text editor (if the file doesn't exist, please create one manually and add the entries in step 4 yourself).
4. Make the following changes/additions to your client_settings.ini file and save them (the example is for the resolution of 1920x1080 aka Full HD/1080p. Replace 1920 with your monitor's native resolution width and 1080 with your native resolution's height respectively if that isn't your native resolution or it won't work):
Code:
[Renderer]
Height = 1080
NativeHeight = 1080
NativeWidth = 1920
Width = 1920
WindowX = 0
WindowY = 0
FullScreen = true
D3DFullScreen = true
I hope this will help.

II. In addition, make sure to download and install the latest Windows 8.1 compatible video card driver for your video card from nvidia.com (or amd.com if for those that have a Radeon video card). Do not use the one that's automatically installed by Windows or supplied by Windows Update as these tend to be stripped down versions of drivers that can create problems with games.
Worked great. Tyvm