View Single Post

ZeroPlus
01.10.2014 , 11:35 AM | #2
I understand your frustration. I really do.

If I may, I would like to suggest an alternative method to determine if a name is still taken or not.

Do the following:
  1. Logon to a Republic character you have.
  2. Press "o" on your keyboard.
  3. On the screen that appears click on the "+" to add a friend. Enter the name that you are checking on.
  4. Was the "name" added as a friend? If not, carry on to the next item. If yes, then unfortunately the "name" is in use. (You can skip the rest of the steps.)
  5. Logon to an Imperial character you have.
  6. Repeat the steps 2 and 3 above.
  7. Was the "name" added as a friend? If not, then you now know the name is free and you can use it (hopefully before someone else takes it). If yes, then unfortunately the "name" is in use.

If the "name" you entered is added to your Friends, this might not be the end for you. Leave the person on your Friends list and monitor if you ever see them online for a month or two. If you never see that person online, that could mean that it exists on a suspended account (or it might be a rarely played Alt of someone). Open a "Character" ticket and ask Bioware to review the current use of the name and explain your "prior claim" to the name (explain why you had to change your name (for example: due to the server consolidation), when you first created that name, etc...) and ask them to consider releasing the name for your use. (NOTE: No guarantee this will work, but you never know.)

Hopefully you won't be angered by my suggestion. Yes, it should have been a simple matter for CS to check this for you. But, hopefully, this way will allow you to gather the same information and allow you to carry on enjoying SWTOR.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!