View Single Post

Pyrinoos
07.12.2013 , 05:01 PM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
This list is mostly an e-peen yardstick, and serves little other purpose than to compare the "top" PvP guilds and players on TEH to those of other servers. Some of us could care less and choose not to participate in this list. For example, I am in possession of screenshots that would list my character's name(s) on 4 different sections of this list, 1 of which beats the current top spot holder.

This list drives no one to get better. It's not a motivational tool, nor is it something to aspire to. Reason being, a lot of the players listed were not very inspiring in the first place, and the spirit of this kind of play is what essentially killed PvP on TEH in the first place.
Actually I would argue it does a lot to drive people to get better especially the HPS and DPS numbers in that they provide a top bar of what a class/AC/spec can do when played well and under the right circumstances for high numbers. I know I have looked to those leader boards and wondered what I could/should be doing to increase HPS and DPS in order to be a more effective player (not for numbers sake, but to win). I would like the thread to continue personally, but whatever it doesn't really matter.
Slade legacy on The Ebon Hawk