There are some steps to take to resolve this issue:
Please let us know if you have a continuing issue.
- Run Chkdsk to make sure there are no faulty sectors on the hard drive.
- Make sure your Anti-virus is not quarantining files. A new rule may have been generated automatically so you should check for this.
- Boot in safe mode with networking and retry.
- Run MemTest86+: Please see the following post for more information on running Memtest86+ and Chkdsk: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=1#post3954859
- Install the game on different hard drive.
- Install the game on different PC and transfer the files over the installed folder.
- Please avoid overclocking, as this affects the voltage on the RAM, leading to corrupted data.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
The reason you guys have to repeat this so many times is because it doesn't work.
The posts I've found where people HAVE solved the issue it was a solution for them only (usually pretty random) and is rarely anywhere near what's on these lists you guys post in the patcher threads.
And frankly the continuing denial that perhaps your patcher isn't the greatest and that we all have terrible systems is insulting. Not to mention the poor souls who take your advice and spend hours upon hours doing scans of this and that. I mean really, is this some bizarre way of stalling for time? Because from a few searches it's become evident that every time you guys release a major patch, all the way back to launch, apparently a bunch of people's computers suddenly have problems (not the patcher, no, it's fine). And apparently never enough to actually get someone to lean on the programmers to fix it. I suppose somewhere along the line someone did the math on what the affected pay as customers versus the time to overhaul the awful patching system, and we're the ones who came up short?
You know what? Do me a GREAT big favor. Instead of giving out patently useless advice that you've given out over and over, just go "we don't know what causes it, and I don't think anyone who is in a position to do any more than you can yourself has any interest in it".
Because it's the truth and you'll save some poor soul hours of flushing their CPU cache.exe in uploaded overwritten compatibility mode or whatever the hell gibberish you've come up with to add to that silly copy/paste list. That way you end up with TWO good deeds for the day. You're welcome.