Thread: Running SWTOR
View Single Post

DewyMossEmpire
03.04.2013 , 07:55 PM | #1
My laptop is (or should be) more than capable of running SWTOR at top specs. I can run Skyrim, Mass Effect, LoL. & all those games with absolutely no problems. But when it comes to SWTOR, it just does something to the system that makes it go haywire!

First the fans blast all like a jet engine & the CPU temps sky rocket to a point where I actually can't keep the laptop on my lap without a desk of some kind. SWTOR's visuals are beautiful - the scenery is incredibly crisp & HD, but having to run it on lower settings which make it look like crud just to be able to get 40 FPS out of it is totally unacceptable.

What kind of things would CS or the Community recommend I do in order to get a more consistent & playable FPS rate? Should I lower the affinity for the game & it's priority level in order to get the Processors to cool down? Or should I put an ice pack under the damn laptop so it doesn't get so hot? I'd really like some advice here - when this game does run smoothly it looks incredibly good, but lately it just doesn't seem to be cooperating.