View Single Post

Khevar
02.19.2013 , 12:24 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
seems like you didn't read the part of your post that I quoted.
try reading that again.
Didn't read it? I wrote it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
... The higher repair costs means that only organized guilds with adequate funds will be able to do progression raiding. ...
So let's take this statement. I'm saying that if you're not in an organized guild, and you don't have adequate funds, you won't be able to do progression raiding. "Able" to is perhaps too strong a word. "Much harder" would perhaps be more accurate.

In progression raiding the group is expected to wipe as it gets familiar with the boss and learns how to coordinate with the group. As the group gets better, it wipes less and less. In a guild, the same group of people will often be doing the progression raiding together, until the fights are mastered and bring other people in.

In a guild, there is a guild bank, and people contribute to it.

If you're NOT in a guild, and you want to do progression raiding, you have to pug it.

The MAIN point I'm trying to make is that the higher repair costs means that the experienced players that USED to help out pugs WON'T want to waste the credits.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
I'm talking about repairs in general, doing pugs is your choice.. .personally I've never liked pugs. ...
Oh Snap! You don't like pugs. And you're talking about repairs in general. I'm talking about repairs during progression raids while pugging.

OMG! It's almost like we're talking about completely different things!

Edit: It also sounds like you didn't read the title of this thread.