View Single Post

Phill
01.31.2013 , 04:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheMove View Post
I have tanked in alot of MMOs and been tanking on my Jugg alot in swtor pre 50. In my flashpoints Im getting alot of healers that throw a couple heals and "try" to dps. Half the time Im struggling just to live poping all my cool downs and meds while I see the stupid healer attacking mobs and I have to spend all my time trying to get the aggro off them. Its making tanking 3xs harder than it should be and a chore.

I just wanted to ask if healers are expected to dps in flashpoints? Im getting alot more healers attacking all the mobs than I do in other MMOs.

Wanted to check before I start opening my mouth. Its driving me insane.
Yes and no, I have both level 50 healer and tank..as a healer and I will dps if needed. My primary focus is to make sure everyone is in good health. However, if you find yourself hitting enraged timers due to low dps..the a healer needs to dps..

If you have good dps, that is a different story. However, I will go with my guild that is all in 61's and or 63's. and mobs drop like flies..I might throw out a bit of dps here and there just because I can.

So to keep it simple, it all depends..group makeup, gear make up..etc.. Also if you healer is good and knows how to manage resources. New level 50 healers, I would avoid any dps until you are better geared and have a better understanding of end game healing.
"General, surely there must be SOMEBODY left who needs some killing, or some killing done for them."......."Sorry, Major. There's nobody left. You've killed them all. "