Thread: So. Ninjas yea?
View Single Post

SnoggyMack
01.30.2013 , 05:08 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
I'm not, all but a few runs my least geared companion is better geared than everyone (but me) in the group, so I usually pass on everything that could possibly be useful to anyone in the group or their companions. However, that does not mean I do watch rolls and get upset about ninjas. Now when I get a group in the close to the same gear, I will greed.

I even pass on biometric crystals, have over 100 and our guild has between 300 and 400 in the bank. I needed 3 when I first hit 50 on my first toon, but since then I have only greeded until I started worrying about storage space. Still feel like a idiot paying 100k for the first one to make my rakata stim.

I am living proof that you can get very well geared without ever using need. If you are nice and treat people with respect, they will want to raid with you. So for 6 months I was doing 3 raids a week on one toon, until I started to get burned out and toned it down to a one group and maybe a guild fun/comm run.
While I am too lazy to search your posting history, your post here indicates to me that you're unlikely to be someone who has created a bunch of threads complaining about having loot ninja'd from you by losing a roll to someone in your group who plays a completely different class than you do and wouldn't be able to equip the item that was being rolled on.

I guess I could refine my point to state that "people who start these kind of ninja complaint threads aren't really doing it to look out for others."

And concede that there are those who participate in those threads who have altruism in mind.

Still, in the grand scheme of things I find that there are indeed quite a few players who are altruistic. These people sometimes end up being my friends in the game. People I group with regularly. Gets back to my whole point about if a person really wants a particular drop from an encounter like a flashpoint or an operation, using the LFG tool is probably the inferior choice. Finding friends and guildmates to go after the item is the superior choice. Because those people much more often care about you and you care about them. Making it more likely to find people that will help you get the item instead of just rolling on it and dropping from the group after winning it.
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"