View Single Post

TheBBP
01.26.2013 , 08:33 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by idavies View Post
I only really started using the ignore function since F2P started. General chat standards have plummeted. I've got a stack of names now added to my ignore list. True there are some awful F2P's but my issue are with the players who burn them because they dare to ask a question in general chat (yes, the questions may seem stupid but hey nobody became an expert playing this on day one!). I saw a question in general chat "How do I make my companion reappear?" within seconds the abuse started, not just off a single player but four or five people started abusing the question for no apparent reason at all. References to his mother, racist, vulgar, gender related.... within 1 minute most of the subjects were covered! If I had been on the end of that I would probably have logged. I whispered the player to answer his question but before I finished typing he had logged (I cant say I'm surprised). So I scrolled back through the chat log and reported the players that were so obnoxious. I don't know if the report function even works, I do get an automated message to say it's being actioned but that's the last I hear about it.
The numbers of undesirables have increased only because the population overall has increased. It is not a F2P thing. Many of the worst people that I encounter I subscribers.
Jano Aras'im - Knight of the Old Republic
Darth Krelan - Imperial Loyalist
Ebon Hawk