View Single Post

suneilr
01.21.2013 , 05:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by kunderam View Post
K, so . . . my main is a sent, but have a heals spec comando, fresh 50. Just tried to run my first HM FP (false emperor). First pull, I get slammed immediately. Pop defensive CDs, but am just getting slammed. We wipe. Try again, same thing. Am I doing soething wrong? Or am I just a dumb dps who needs to learn to heal? I know the instance -- I mean, this was the first pull (though no one seemed to think it necessary to cc one of the big droids). Tried to sorta los, but I'm pulling aggro immediately (not shooting at anything, had time for one or two heals before MDK)

I'm used to dps, and I've healed normal FPs. But when I've dpsed a HM, I have never pulled that much aggro rught at the start.

Anyway -- advce?
I assume you have the base tionese/recruit mk2 gear on?
I've not noticed any problems in healing HM fps since they were nerfed.
Let the tank pull before you cc (if you need to cc) and keep your trauma probe on him for the ~2 secs it takes to cc.

Quote: Originally Posted by mcslack View Post
Hi im really new at this. Im a Healer and when first doing Hard Modes it can be painfull!! What u describe happened many times. Its a combo of bad group and lots of fresh 50s. Really nobodies fault unless there were geared peeps with exp. The Exp. players will tell u what to do. They know these runs inside and out.
After a while i got better gear and things start 2 fall into place. Then i stopped feeling like every wipe was my fault. It takes time and healing really has little social reward 4 all the hard work.
I know exactly what ur feeling. Before u know it youll b seeing from afar that not all wipes are caused because of healer. Trust me it gets better.
Also the speed at which peeps run these makes it very hard to learn and keep up.
Well as a healer there isnt much you need to do if the group is racing to finish it, just keep the tank and yourself at full health (and watch powertechs/vanguards who might pull agro) and if everyone else is running on and attacking stuff without topping up their health first feel free to let them die without feeling guilty.
< ToFN Not Good Enough> The Hod Legacy
Lvl 55 Sage - Xivioke || Lvl 55 Scoundrel - El'ara || Lvl 55 Vanguard - Cky || Lvl 55 Sentinel - Black-sun || Lvl 55 Commando - Slack'er