Clone War Adventures vs. SWTOR
Apples vs. Oranges
I can't stand playing Call of Duty. I find the game dull and boring. I hated Grand Theft Auto. Guess what, some people don't like some games.
Key differences in SWTOR compared to the Mothership game WoW.
1. It is far harder to level SWTOR than WoW. However, things have been getting easier with the Cartel shop. Best Example? At one point, Bioware actual gave people 30 days of gaming if they made it to 50. I know many of you will scream at the top of your lungs, Leveling is Soooo easy. Compared to WoW, it's not easy. This is actually one of the guy's main and repeated complaints.
2. Interactive story line. If you don't want an interactive story line, I have to say that this game is probably not for you. Though I'd like to know if anyone spacebarred their first character all the way to 50.
What isn't different.
1. The community is the same group of people who play these games. And yes, no real interaction occurs until max level.
2. There is seriously little to no RPing on any server, anywhere, in any game.
3. Quest which ask you to kill X, pick up X, or destroy X. Once again, the interactive story line helps with this, but if you can't look past the hexadecimal, the quests are boring and repetitive. Although this is true with all computer games.
The OP is totally wrong. not sure where he played, but I never ran into any of those issues he mentioned with 8+ lvl 50 characters. Also Leveling in SWTOR is far far EASIER than WOW, even without bonus XP. takes less than 3 weeks real world play time to get to 50 and complete chapter 3 as well as have all the datacrons (except the +10 DC, but if you have a guild, that too) I had no issues using only quest gear to complete quests and chapter finalies and by the end of chapter 3, I had enough money to buy my level 49-50+ orange or epic gear and mod them out. Relatively a piece of cake. I hardly spent credits at world commendation vendors for gear or the GTN for gear while leveling up and if i did, it was just one or 2 items to fill some empty slots with some cheap piece of gear.
My only issue is the "stuff" they are adding to Makeb in the next expansion that has no business being part of the star wars universe or any game for that matter.