View Single Post

LHUNAYR
01.17.2013 , 11:24 PM | #1
I have been having this issue since a little bit before Christmas, I have updated all my drivers, and many of the other troubleshooting ideas. I'm going to list this analysis from an app called razer game booster seen in the first spoiler I know that my system can handle the game b/c I played it without any incidents for almost a year. My problems with the game started back when the patch around dec. 18 2012 was released. For some reason my cpu couldnt install the whole thing. Following the advice of csa for swtor via the phone he had me do some things which didnt seem right but I figured he knew what he was talking about. Fast forward a couple of days still wont install the patch, and I think I forgot to turn back on firewall and some nasty viruses got into my cpu. The result of that was 8 plus hours with microsoft techs over the phone and $100, removed all the viruses but something was still screwy with cpu so I had to reinstall windows vista and everything else from scratch. However after everything was supposedly up to date and I reinstalled the game the patch finished installing but when I press play my computer freezes up and forces me to hard boot my computer.. which means I can't get an error report about the game b/c the last thing the cpu knows is the launcher launched successfully. I am still a paying subscriber amazingly since I havent been able to play for the last month and a half. My firewall has the exceptions for both launcher and swtor.exe.. Please solve this I know it can't be this difficult. If there are other ways I can diagnose what isn't working right let me know how to run those.

[Also here is my dxdiag
Spoiler
I know that my system can handle the game b/c I played it without any incidents for almost a year. My problems with the game started back when the patch around dec. 18 2012 was released. For some reason my cpu couldnt install the whole thing. Following the advice of csa for swtor via the phone he had me do some things which didnt seem right but I figured he knew what he was talking about. Fast forward a couple of days still wont install the patch, and I think I forgot to turn back on firewall and some nasty viruses got into my cpu. The result of that was 8 plus hours with microsoft techs over the phone and $100, removed all the viruses but something was still screwy with cpu so I had to reinstall windows vista and everything else from scratch. However after everything was supposedly up to date and I reinstalled the game the patch finished installing but when I press play my computer freezes up and forces me to hard boot my computer.. which means I can't get an error report about the game b/c the last thing the cpu knows is the launcher launched successfully. I am still a paying subscriber amazingly since I havent been able to play for the last month and a half. My firewall has the exceptions for both launcher and swtor.exe.. Please solve this I know it can't be this difficult. If there are other ways I can diagnose what isn't working right let me know how to run those. Thanks for reading this longer than normal post. http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/f...akghoul_01.png

Ryan Uhl a.k.a. LHUNAYR