View Single Post

01.11.2013 , 10:51 PM | #451
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
Bioware has already stated it was not going to alter current companions to include SGRA options a number of times if I am not mistaken, so for the time being absence of direct evidence that this is going to happen reduces this to little more than wishful thinking.
You are mistaken on this front. BioWare never stated which companions will be available for SGRAs.

While Mr. Rieds statement:
Same gender romances with companion characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options.
can be viewed as saying that SGRAs will come with new companions. It does not state that they will come exclusively with new companions.

Mr Hickman wrote in the last state of the game:
I realize that we promised SGR to you guys and that many of you believed that this would be with a companion character. Unfortunately, this will take a lot more work than we realized at the time and it (like some other pieces of content we talked about earlier in the year) has been delayed as we focused on the changes required to take the game Free-to-Play. As we have said in the past, allowing same gender romance is something we are very supportive of.
Note how he uses the term will not would.

Additionally Mr. Hood wrote on twitter:
Angela ‏@margitan
@hallhood Any chance of some day revisiting species recognition in quests for things like this: I admit it is funny.
@margitan That's one of my many points of pain in our current game. When those lines were written playing Chiss wasn't an option. Sigh.
@hallhood Oh, I bet. Were Chiss added as playable pretty late, or just didn't think they'd ever be on the Repub side?
@margitan Both! If we had known in advance, I'm sure Jennifer would have written an alternate joke involving Ugnaughts.
@hallhood Haha, interesting. Thanks for the insight. Is revising it even a possibility?

@margitan It is possible--and on the to-do list.
Lent ‏@biancapatzelt
@hallhood One more thing, any chance of Corso Riggs becoming available as an SGR option?... would really, really endorse that.
@biancapatzelt So noted. ;-)
@hallhood In case that ever happens, I'd like to suggest lifetime subscriptions to go along. )

Also can you please explain why the 100.000+ views of the APAC thread are more than the 300.000+ views of the SGRA thread. Because you might have found a new kind of number theory here because according to my maths the SGRA thread has more than three times as many views.