View Single Post

Beesodd
01.10.2013 , 09:35 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again, I said the security software is the most common cause, not the only one.

As mentioned, this is due to a connection issue between your copy of the game and our servers, and there's a wide variety of causes.
This can be caused by a client issue (you can try a repair, run the game and launcher in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode ), a security/3rd party program issue (check/disable these), a network settings issue (flush DNS, make sure you're not using a VPN/ Proxy/modified hosts file), Windows issue (try a new user profile), network issue (quite common, they tend to "resolve themselves" as the ISP clears up whatever problem they're having) and server issue on our end (They do happen, but this doesn't appear to be the case here).

Even if you didn't change anything on your machine since a patch, sometimes security software doesn't like the newly patched game, and it needs it's exceptions re-entered. Note that "disabling" security software frequently doesn't disable it at all, and it will still interfere with other processes.

Morto, please try the steps above.

Davidc, you appear to have either game client issues or network ones. I'd be inclined to think the latter, but to check for the former, please download and run a copy of the setup file (available here) and "reinstall" the game. This doesn't start from scratch and will use your existing good assets, making it a quick process.

phfph, I'd be inclined to think that this is a handful of disparate issues. This is a farily common one that pops up frequently, mostly due to the wide variety of causes mentioned above.

I hope this is helpful.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.