Thread: Lag concern
View Single Post

JodinJ
01.03.2013 , 08:48 PM | #1
This is something that has been bothering me for a couple of weeks now. Now I can run literally any other program on my new computer without any trouble whatsoever. But playing SWTOR, the game almost always lags. I don't mean jerky lag, I mean the 3 seconds pause from button push to reaction lag. I have tried everything I know to do. My computer is the only active device on the entire network, the firewall has exceptions to allow swtor to play, the router has been set for high QoS and DMZ has been enabled for the computer's IP address as well (IP address is static so it never changes), I just can't figure this out.

On the same computer, I can run Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty perfectly fine, while even running something as big as a torrent download on my laptop, on the same network, and still experience zero lag whatsoever on those games. And, when this game first came out, I didn't have this issue. So I have to wonder, is this a game issue that the developers should be investigating and correcting? Or am I somehow doing something wrong with my internet settings that is keeping me from having a mostly lag-free experience??? Honestly I would play WoW over SWTOR if there were no lag in it, this is ridiculous.