View Single Post

12.25.2012 , 07:50 PM | #21
It is a consequence of the way this game is now: The putrid nature of General chat and griefing from other players turns a lot of us from grouping with any except a select few. Unfair to you, OP, but that is way it seems to be. Truthfully, the group action is why I am in a guild. I found a good group of folks in my guild. If I can't make a group with my guildies or with the few outside players i'm friends with; then that quest is put on a back burner to solo, or when my group is ready.

Gen chat asking for help may work, but only if i don't have it turned off. Whispering may work- it is all about how a player presents himself. I am not adverse to helping others, but my goodwill is severely limited by the actions of others who have a different view of what fun in this game entails.

Sorry, playing solo seems to be more enjoyable than grouping up with random players for a lot of people. I know it is for me.

EDIT: I don't have a lot of 'me' time. Anything RL that pops up- I have to attend to immediately. Knowing the unfairness that would be to any group I join, this situation limits what I can do. As a result, I rarely raid- and if I join any group I make sure they are aware and are cool with the potential of me bailing.