View Single Post

Moonlit_Whisper
12.05.2012 , 12:56 AM | #5
I am going to slightly disagree with the above posters but keep in mind that my experience with Shadow's is from a Tanking point of view.

As far as Story goes I preferred the Shadow story up to Chapter 3. The ending was a bit underwhelming but I really enjoyed chapter 1 and chapter 2 was only slightly less interesting. The Knight story on the other hand was just cliched and too repetitive until chapter 3 for my tastes. Still, this is purely subjective and will be different for everyone so don't let my opinion sway you too much.

Companions - I think this would have to be a tie. There are both companions I really like and ones I don't care for with both classes. I think my favorites are Kira and Nadia though. T-7 is amusing at times but the others just... I dunno didn't do it for me.

As for playability, well like I said my shadow experiences are from a Tanking point of view and I have only really played a Watchman spec sentinel but I think I give the edge to Sentinel in terms of dps enjoyability. I disagree in that the Watchman spec is "easy" though as you spend quite a bit of time watching buff icons, and ability refresh timers instead of what's going on around you. This is because of the "proc" type mechanic built into the watchman tree with your DoT's. It's easy to play and just smash buttons, but to get the most out of your DPS without wasting DoT ticks and keeping others up 100% will mean you need to pay attention to them.

Ultimately if you like both classes, then play both. I did and I enjoy both for different reasons.