View Single Post

Codek
11.14.2012 , 04:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TrakonBazzaak View Post
No one on my friends list is EVER online anymore.

I dont think Ive logged in a single time since 1.1 where there appeared to be more than 500 people on the bastion.

I would say the game is dying. A slow trickle of players getting bored with the things I mentioned.

I dont see anything in the ftp model that will change that.

Ive been playing since closed beta, and I love the game. I used to be an ardent defender like some around the forums here. I just cannot get behind the current state of the game.

Ya they are talking about releasing new content. The TALK is what we get the most of around here.

Without fail they stretch the content releases to the last second, when we are on the verge of unsubbing.

Every time my guild gets full BIS we quit the game. What is there to addict us? There is nothing to compel us to stick around.

Weve returned everytime something new has come out, but this go round, I think most of us failed to see a reason to do so.

Dont get me wrong, I want the game to live, and succeed. I simply do not see anything on the horizon to make it any better than it currently is.
It sounds very much like your just burning through the new content after every patch and then join the group that cries "the end is near" as population drops before the next big patch. This cycle has been around for nearly a decade now across all MMO's. It not like any of this is new or even different in any way.

Every patch simply further progresses the game, the rate at which content is released will most likely not improve going forward so try not to get your hopes up if that's what you are looking for.
~Codek