View Single Post

Andryah
08.20.2012 , 09:21 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyzen View Post
Your comparison is not valid. You are unaware of operating costs of SWTOR in comparison to DAoC or Warhammer. Assumption are just that.
Your allegation is not valid.

Actually, I am quite aware of what the operations costs for SWTOR are. It's easy as it is 90% headcount driven.

Here is why your allegation is NOT VALID:

They have, and will continue to scale their operations plan to match the scale of customer base for their MMOs. That is what they have and continue to do for DAOC and Warhammer, and in fact they have done this already for SWTOR in May, and will continue to do so as they review and adjust their operations plan to match revenue with expenses.

The only possible doomsday scenario for EA is if Lucas Arts is guaranteed a minimum floor in royalty payments. There is no evidence of this so far, but if there is, then it would explain why they focus on 500K in a subs model as their profit point for the game. Now that it is going Freemium, that sub number is no longer valid because they have a new busines model that monetizes the game differently.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.