View Single Post

maxetius
05.30.2012 , 02:28 PM | #12
Played em except Smuggler. won't rank, as all have pro's and con's. I will however discuss those pro's and con's.

Bounty Hunter - Your team actually feels like a 'team.' Every time there's a new mission everyone gathers up and offers their opinion. The conclusion provided you take the light-side route with the Supreme Chancellor is epic. The Dark side route, not so much. The story slows down a lot in Act 2, in Act 3 picks up again, but due to the nature of levelling [levelling slows WAY down 40-50] it feels slow as well. And like i said, the conclusion is excellent.

Imperial Agent - While I dislike the mechanics of the class, IA has the best overall story. It has many more possibilities than any of the other storylines, more endings, etc. It was awesome. The companions, however, really suck. I mean are just terrible.

Sith Warrior - Great story, both dark and light. Dark side, you are an epic ****** and rack up a ridiculous body count. Light side, you are proof that the way of the Sith doesn't have to be lol teh evilz. [though it will always be directly contrary to the Jedi way.] However, the companions lack the easy camaraderie of the Bounty Hunter. If it wasn't for Quinn and Vette, you'd think you were the only person on your ship. [they refer to each other several times]
On the bright side however, the story recognizes many of your choices, which is a plus, and it has some excellent moments.

However, the SW has a weak ending. One of the weakest, in fact.

Sith Inquisitor Mixed. Act 1 is very interesting. Act 2 doesn't live up. Act 3 brings it back to cool again, but it takes a while to get through due to the mentioned levelling differences. It has the best [most epic] conclusion of any of the endings, however.

Jedi Consular I went Dark Side because I immediately realized it was just like Sith Inquisitor except
A) you aren't related to any ancient Sith Lords,
B) Your master is not a hot collection of pixels.
C) Your first companion is horrible.
D) You can't shock people.

So I went Dark Side figuring it would make it interesting. Well it did. But the story glosses over the things you do, and you do some really nasty things.

Jedi Knight - Went Dark Side. Was very fun, very interesting. Obviously Bioware put a lot of work into it. Conclusion is fairly epic, though i was mad that I couldn't tell off Satele Shan at the end when she went all passive-aggressive on me.