View Single Post

Marak
05.30.2012 , 02:14 PM | #11
I've got: 50 IA, 50 SI, 50 JK, 50 JC.. and the rest are low enough to not count.

Of those I would rank them thusly:

IA >> SI > JK >>>> JC.

The light sided Agent was hands down the best story by leagues. I felt like my actions mattered and I was on the edge of my seat, so to speak, through the whole thing. The companions are pretty above average. The only one that I didn't really "bond" with was Lokin. Scorpio is a sultrier version of HK47 and that is win.

SI was cool in the "mysteries of the sith" kind of nerdy way. I played pretty grey through this. Full DS doesn't make too much sense to me with the whole slave background and all and truth be told some of the LS dialog is just outrageously funny. Your antagonist in the story was a little weak. I never was really that interested outside of the force stuff you do along the way. The companions were pretty average to below average. Khem is cool. The rest are meh (which saddens me.. I was psyched the moment I heard Oghren's voice and he let me down).

JK... there was nothing inherently wrong with this story. It was the safe heroes journey cliche, but it had to be. This was the fan service to the SW fans of 30 years that wanted to play their own Luke. The companions were all relatively above average/great though. Doc was especially noteworthy--hands down the funniest companion I've encountered so far (rivaled only by Scorpio). Kira's story is interesting too (so much so that had they focused on this aspect through the whole story, I think it would have been better).

JC... I hate this story. I wanted to love this story. In 2008 I decided I was to make a Miraluka Shadow. This was my maiden voyage. I love the mysteries of the force and the Jedi "history". Nothing about this story really scratches that itch effectively. I was further annoyed when Nathan Drake (Uncharted voice actor/JC male) absolutely let me down with this character. The deliveries felt forced and annoying. The companions are, without a doubt, the worst in the game. It's almost like BW said "Let's round up the 5 worst companions and give them to one class and see if anyone notices". Theran is the only slightly redeeming one and he just pales in comparison to every other healer comp I've had.

I'm on chapter 2 of my smuggler playthrough now and so far it's pretty decent. Not far enough to make a final judgment though.