View Single Post

Zoopercat
04.12.2012 , 05:12 AM | #1
Combat Log Round-Up & Instructions

Hey everyone, it's Zoopercat from Ask Mr. Robot. I wanted to share a round-up of all of the combat log parsers, since so many people worked so hard on making tools for the rest of the community to use. I also figure this thread would be a nice way to ask questions and request features, that way, all of the combat log authors can see what users want, and everyone can make better tools with the same feedback.

Keep in mind, these parsers have had limited testing, so if you find a bug, feel free to report it. It’s helpful if you can provide a link to your log as well.

How to use combat logging:
  1. Open "Preferences" in your game (screenshot)
  2. Go to the "Combat Logging" tab (screenshot)
  3. Check the box that says "Enable Combat Logging," then click the "Apply" button
  4. Pro Tip: You can uncheck & recheck that box right before an operation (or flashpoint) to start a fresh log file
  5. To find your combat log, go to the "My Documents" folder on your desktop, open the "Star Wars - The Old Republic" folder. Then open the folder titled, "Combat Logs." Pro tip: sort by date, and grab the most recent one.

View the Feature Chart here, which takes the info from this thread and lists it in a feature comparison chart. I was looking for several features as a user, and checked up on all of the parsers yesterday to get the latest features and screenshots.
  • Accurate: I tested the log with a Black Talon run, and a log from Zorn and Toth. I compared results and gave an accurate rating if the log was within 1% of the actual DPS (total damage / length of fight). If you need a sample log, you can use my Black Talon run at level 16. Zoopercat PST and Erlking EST
  • Share Log: can I get a permalink to share the report results with a friend or guild mate?
  • Merge Logs: can logs from various group members be uploaded and merged together to show overall boss fight numbers?

Web Based Combat Log Parsers:

Ask Mr. Robot

TorParse - Relaunched!
Frying Time:
  • Author: Aldoria
  • Accurate: Yes
  • Share Logs: Yes
  • Merge Logs: No
  • Other Notes: Nice, clean fight lists. Also has a death log to show you what happened right before you died, in human-readable-color-coded text.
  • Screenshot

WildKing:
Not The Guild:
  • Author: Cymricus
  • Accurate: Yes (number will look higher than other tools, because it calculates DPS only while actively casting)
  • Share Logs: No
  • Merge Logs: Yes (upload them all as a zip file)
  • Screenshot

TorTools:
  • Author: WavirNabi
  • Accurate:Yes (author recently updated it)
  • Share Logs: Yes (added in late April)
  • Merge Logs: Yes (create a raid group)
  • Other Notes: Shows death logs. Thread on Forums
  • Screenshot

Black Sheep Troopers:
  • Author: Bladrak
  • Accurate: DPS was 5-10% too high, but some of my logs wouldn’t upload. So it’s possible some raid logs are more accurate. Bladrak is currently looking into this (4/15)
  • Share Logs: Yes
  • Merge Logs: Yes (share through the guild panel)
  • Other Notes: Requires login, thread on forums
  • Screenshot

CLP
DPS Meter by Tenacity
  • Author: Beardchef (Fwny and Freddie)
  • Share logs: Yes
  • Merge Logs: Yes
  • Other Notes: This is not a live dps meter like MOX, it's a web parser with a very nice interface.
  • Screenshot

Non Web-Based Combat Log Parsers

NEW! Live Raid Damage Meter: SWMoniTOR (plus web-based upload option)
Live Raid Damage Meter: MOX:
  • Author: Ginnai
  • Share Logs: You can look at your raid’s logs by entering your raid ID on the website. You cannot share individual logs that you upload. (This author responds very fast to user requests, so if you’d like that feature, let him know)
  • Merge Logs: Yes (if you use the damage meter, it merges based on the raid ID)
  • Other Notes: Includes overlay windows to use while in-game. Watch a Video in Action

Robust Reporting Tool, SCLR:
TORMeter

Other Tools

ACT Plugin:
CSS Template for Coloring Combat Text:

Non-English Tools:

Web-Based Combat Log Parser, Betalyzer (German):
  • Author: Marduc, on MMO-Mechanics
  • Share Logs: No
  • Merge Logs: No
  • Other Notes: Just released an english version. Login as demouser, click 'optionen' in upper right. Choose 'english' in the drop down menu.
  • Screenshot

Communidad Swtor (Spanish)More info coming soon.

If I am missing anyone's combat log parser, let me know!! Also, as features get added in, post a reply and I'll update the original post
ASK MR. ROBOT