Thank you bw for player housing! Omg!

Dawginole

OMG! OH EM GEE! It's taken over a year and a half to get an objectives map in WZ's but thank god you guys were putting development time into creating player housing. *** would we do without that!

Bring on the opiners who praise all that is good and worthy in this "FTP" nickle and dime decoration simulator... :rolleyes:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! OH EM GEE! It's taken over a year and a half to get an objectives map in WZ's but thank god you guys were putting development time into creating player housing. *** would we do without that!

Bring on the opiners who praise all that is good and worthy in this "FTP" nickle and dime decoration simulator... :rolleyes:

For me the housing is way more important than WZs and PvP in general.

Therefore you opinion is absolutely invalid. My opinion > your opinion.

Edited by Vodamin

For me the housing is way more important than WZs and PvP in general.

Therefore you opinion is absolutely invalid. My opinion > your opinion.

This. OP, take your (terrible) passive aggressiveness somewhere else instead of making these topics.

Edited by odericko

Oh yes cuz, lawd knows nobody ever asked for player housing in this game.

I mean, 99% of all the players are clearly PvP players and thus we need to focus on the PvP related stuff to the exclusion of all else.

All those other people are just the "vocal minority"... and all the polls are rigged. Except the "what do you want most in this game" because PvP came second in that one, and it wasn't at all because the PvP forum banded together to show BW what "the players really want" :rolleyes:

Well, this news and the info about Freed coming back to work on Swtor made me buy another gametime card last evening, although I had already bought all the (expensive but) necessary perks from the GTN for finally going preferred. I am looking forward to this feature and so are many other players. :)

A nice nod to those players who prefer to stand and stare at walls instead of actually playing a game. Kudos to BW. It will be interesting to see where they go with it, though I don't see myself ever using this particular feature. Hopefully in the future, we can get some proper content for the game - like extensions of our class storylines.;)

lol, page one and we already have comments from the instant gratification generation. More to just constantly killing things in an mmo ya know.

Sorry mate, I'm a little bit older than that - I'm from the generation that created the CRPG. I bought, played, and enjoy this game because of the storylines and the action. If I wanted to sit around staring at a painting on a wall ... well, I can do that just as well in my Real Life house (you do know what that is, right?), and get more enjoyment out of that. Again, I know housing seems to be a popular feature for those who don't care to actually play a video game as designed, and this is a nice nod to them. But this isn't what this game is about, nor the reason a lot of people bought it, nor was it a leader for requested features (the extension of class storylines were).

Edited by TravelersWay

Sorry mate, I'm a little bit older than that - I'm from the generation that created the CRPG. I bought, played, and enjoy this game because of the storylines and the action. If I wanted to sit around staring at a painting on a wall ... well, I can do that just as well in my Real Life house (you do know what that is, right?), and get more enjoyment out of that. Again, I know housing seems to be a popular feature for the kiddies who don't know how to actually play video games, and this is a nice nod to them. But this isn't what this game is about, nor the reason a lot of people bought it, nor was it a leader for requested features (the extension of class storylines were).

Sorry, bud. But it's a roleplaying feature. This is still a roleplaying game (You do know what that is, right?) Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it doesn't belong here.

Sorry mate, I'm a little bit older than that - I'm from the generation that created the CRPG. I bought, played, and enjoy this game because of the storylines and the action. If I wanted to sit around staring at a painting on a wall ... well, I can do that just as well in my Real Life house (you do know what that is, right?), and get more enjoyment out of that. Again, I know housing seems to be a popular feature for the kiddies who don't know how to actually play video games, and this is a nice nod to them. But this isn't what this game is about, nor the reason a lot of people bought it, nor was it a leader for requested features (the extension of class storylines were).

You'll have to tell me what CRPG is, cause I'm from the generation where you could still smoke in movie theatres and airplanes.

Sorry, bud. But it's a roleplaying feature. This is still a roleplaying game (You do know what that is, right?) Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it doesn't belong here.

Well, if it brings in more subscriptions, then I'm all for it. But there still is no denying what the main draw and feature was for the game - the storylines, plain and simple. I'm OK with throwing a bone or two to those niche people so long as the main focus of the game remains at the forefront of people's minds, even though that seems to be the most neglected part of the game at this point.

You'll have to tell me what CRPG is, cause I'm from the generation where you could still smoke in movie theatres and airplanes.

Computer Role-Playing Game. It was the start of something wonderful and the only reason we are here today to talk about it. They started off as pure text-based adventure games back in the 70's until Wizardry came along in '80/'81 to revolutionize the industry on the Apple II, and later the IBM.

Edited by TravelersWay

And you do know that it has taken over two years to get them to include housing. People have been requesting this feature since before launch.

I'm SO glad you approve. Now kindly take your condescending opinion out of my immersion.

But ... but ... I am role-playing a forum troll. How dare you say that the way I play a forum is wrong. If you get player housing, then I get to RPtroll to my heart's content.

*******Super Sig Time*************

You lack imagination my friend. Can you imagine how cool it will be watching Musco streaming his operative sitting at his home?

Come on man, that is EPIC gameplay stuff there! That's what gets all the gaming news outlets up in a frenzy to report:

"Hey everyone ... you know that great big battle in Eve that cost players thousands of real life dollars? Well, in today's news, we got something that completely blows that out of the water! A Jedi Knight named XxFlukeHighwalker742xX just hung a fuzzy painting of what may look like a Rancor on the wall of his home in one of the high rises of Coruscant! This is what makes our great hobby of PC gaming so epically great! As a matter of fact, we're going to the 24/7 livestream now - and will be in continuing coverage since we don't want to miss the possibility of XxFlukeHighwalker742xX placing a trophy he bought in the Cartel Market next to his sofa (which he still can't sit in)!"

Edited by TravelersWay

Yeah, the boat-loads of excessive sandbox features that they've been churning out since launch have really dragged down the rate of other content. [/sarcasm]

LOL!

I'm 100% for player housing, but...they better start churning out content a little quicker than what they have. For 2+ years I've been told this was NOT a sandbox game by many of the same people now defending it.

LOL!

I'm 100% for player housing, but...they better start churning out content a little quicker than what they have. For 2+ years I've been told this was NOT a sandbox game by many of the same people now defending it.

Make no mistake, this will not be a sandbox house. This will be your ship, on the ground, with legacy unlocks for all the terminals, which will sit in a pre-determined space. Maybe they'll sell paint packs on the CM? Maybe implement chairs that people can sit in.

But, still, I'm glad it's coming. Looking forward to seeing what it's actually like.

Make no mistake, this will not be a sandbox house. This will be your ship, on the ground, with legacy unlocks for all the terminals, which will sit in a pre-determined space. Maybe they'll sell paint packs on the CM? Maybe implement chairs that people can sit in.

But, still, I'm glad it's coming. Looking forward to seeing what it's actually like.

Ugh...that's my fear >.<

Oh well...it is what it'll be.

Well, if it brings in more subscriptions, then I'm all for it. But there still is no denying what the main draw and feature was for the game - the storylines, plain and simple. I'm OK with throwing a bone or two to those niche people so long as the main focus of the game remains at the forefront of people's minds, even though that seems to be the most neglected part of the game at this point.

It's a broad appeal MMO, by design. Which is both good and bad. It's good because it has something for just about everyone. It's bad because it means players who like a few things deeply (to the exclusion of every other play style) do not get their fill of play content. But there is no single content type that is universally enjoyed by the broad base of players that play this MMO.

Personally, I don't see the replay value of player housing, but I get that some people do and that it is important to some players. Unless there are clear advantages to having a player house, for most people it is yet another consume&ignore style of content for most. But.. we cannot deny that it has been one of the more popular requests by players for a long time.

Edited by Andryah

It's a broad appeal MMO, by design. Which is both good and bad. It's good because it has something for just about everyone. It's bad because it means players who like a few things deeply (to the exclusion of every other play style) do not get their fill of play content. But there is no single content type that is universally enjoyed by the broad base of players that play this MMO.

Personally, I don't see the replay value of player housing, but I get that some people do and that it is important to some players. Unless there are clear advantages to having a player house, for most people it is yet another consume&ignore style of content for most. But.. we cannot deny that it has been one of the more popular requests by players for a long time.

And it may show some people that even though there is no response from bioware they do hear the requests, (unlike some posters that say bioware pays no attention).

And it may show some people that even though there is no response from bioware they do hear the requests, (unlike some posters that say bioware pays no attention).

I don't think many players honestly believe they don't pay attention - they've proven on many occasions they do. My main issue is the speed with which they operate.