Black Hole respawn times

TheJediConsula

I think that the respawn times for the crates section of Criminal Crackdown and the objectives of Forced Labour need to be made much shorter due to the huge population boost. I did my BH dailies for the first time on my new server yesterday and these two section too a very long time due to poor respawns and high competition.

I was just coming to the forums to post a similar thread here. You beat me to it.

The Black Hole area can, at most, support about 20 players with no frustration. With server mergers, there are often 30-50 there, and even more during peak times on Ebon Hawk. The respawn rates are too low to support that many players, especially where the crates are concerned.

It leads to "kill stealing" or in this case, crate stealing, and rants in general chat. Just make the stupid things clickable, and be done with it. This old MMO staple of time sinks just for the sake of it gets really old.

Don't forget the spouts in Eco-Terrorism. The area you have to search is less but you can still end up having all the spawns down for an extended period of time.

Honestly just lowering the spawn times to be the same as all the mobs around the objectives would help immensely. It's ridiculous that you can kill a strong/standard team standing next to a crate and have them respawn twice before the crate itself respawns.

Actually ideally they'd respawn instantly. Yes this would completely get rid of running around altogether but seriously, the current system is just ridiculous with how many people are always in BH.

Also, while you're at it, lower the respawn time on the Ratatakki leaders on Belsavis, and up the drop rates of the memory cores in the upper section, and the shields on Illum.

I think these respawns need to be lowered, but this may help reduce your frustration for now.

On my server, the Black Hole is often instanced and the second instance on my server is almost always empty. I can switch to that instance and have practically all the crates to myself. The same goes for freeing the engineers.

I think that the respawn times for the crates section of Criminal Crackdown and the objectives of Forced Labour need to be made much shorter due to the huge population boost. I did my BH dailies for the first time on my new server yesterday and these two section too a very long time due to poor respawns and high competition.

THIS, but other dailies area also should have a spawn timer check

I fully agree, the respawn times need to be lowered. Kind of ridiculous spending five minutes camping one crate. It's horrendously boring and takes far too long. I mean, BH should normally take no more than twenty minutes, with the respawn time the way they are, it can take an hour. :/

Of course, the other solution is have a second instance open up at twenty people. The area is really just too small to support more than 30 people.

Also, while you're at it, lower the respawn time on the Ratatakki leaders on Belsavis, and up the drop rates of the memory cores in the upper section, and the shields on Illum.

Agreed

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread. Please listen to the community.

The respawn timers for the crate nodes in Criminal Crackdown and freeing the Drall engineers in Dailies is simply too long with populations of 35+ or more in an instance.

I would venture to say, people become so frustrated, that it would most likely cause them to quit the subs to the game (since it seems like none of the developers put out fixes and listen to the people who actually play the game).