Is the GTN broken...? No items in categories.

jimmybob

I have characters on Sith Wyrm and Mind Trick. I notice that on both servers, on the GTN, when I select the categories of Implant, Earpiece, and Relic... there are zero items. I leave it on "Any"... hit search... nothing happens in these categories.

Didn't one of the developers state the new GTN UI would have 95% less suck or something? Seems they missed the mark a bit as the new interface still sucks.

Anyways, the stuff is there but as others have posted, you MUST select something other than the main category.

I've been using the drop down under rarity when looking for stuff under misc or speeders and it works for me.

If you are selling items like gifts, or mounts, or starship parts, I'd suggest putting a comment up in general from time to time letting people know how to find your stuff as those previously required nothing but selecting the primary category.

Otherwise I imagine you are losing lots of sales as people just assume the GTN is empty like some of the posters in this thread. I'd also suggest filing a bug report.

Edited by DawnAskham

I'm actually hopeful that this is a bug because if it's not, the changes make it hard on sellers.

For example, I make and sell starship upgrades. They're slow to sell but do go occasionally. In the past, you only had to select 'Starship Upgrades' under category.

If people now also have to select a grade, it makes it more difficult for the buyer to compare blue parts to purple parts for example. It'll require more steps and undoubtedly hurt sales.

This is a bit disappointing.

Workaround until they fix it is to choose "cheap" as your grade. Whatever you chose lists itself and everything higher so "cheap" works the same as "all" used to from what I could see today.

Several of the searches are broken but the new layout is much better. As soon as they get the bugs out it will be a huge improvement to what we had before.

You have to specify more than just category and level range to get a search to work. Try typing in a partial name or selecting a sub-category if one is available or selecting a rarity.

This.

Category alone is not enough.

If there are no sub-categories you must enter at least 3 characters into the name field.