Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problem with reply in chat

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Problem with reply in chat

Visaga
12.29.2011 , 02:18 AM | #1
Let's say i get a whisper from a "user1", I press R key for a reply, all is good so far. Then I get another whisper but this time time from a "user2", again I press R key and for some reason in the chat window my reply goes to "user1". Can any1 explain that? I've tried to toggle chat options (that yellow circle near chat window) and nothing helped.

Dralnalak
12.29.2011 , 02:32 AM | #2
Try hitting the key again. It should cycle through recent reply names. It seems to always default the the last person you actually sent a reply to when talking to multiple people.

Visaga
12.29.2011 , 02:35 AM | #3
Hm sounds reasonable, but in some cases not very comfortable, anyway thank you, I shall try it.

Update: I remember now, if you press R key two times it will look like you typing R letter to the first user.

Ardwan
12.29.2011 , 03:32 AM | #4
Seems the solution is to not have so many friends that they whisper you at the same time

Quickest way around it is probably to just click the name in chat of who you want to whisper.

Visaga
12.29.2011 , 03:54 AM | #5
well I do not have that much friends and i rarely use whisper, but right clicking in chat on users name every time you want to send a private message(especialy if you are talking only to one person at the moment) seem very annoying. Lets hope new patches will fix that