Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor Sorceror's are too weak on pvp.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Sith Inquisitor Sorceror's are too weak on pvp.

tiguelinus
12.29.2011 , 02:05 AM | #1
I'm a lvl 48 dps sorceror spec on lightning and I got to say that I don't seem to win against a jedi shadow or a trooper. I have no complains about pve, but on pvp I hardly win 1 on 1. Any advise?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/thrawn2034.png

adreeasa
12.29.2011 , 02:11 AM | #2
Maybe you are not supposed to melee the assassins/shadows and you are not supposed to just stand still and trade blows vs mercs/commandos. Use the environment , user your long range and heal/shield ability to outlast the higher burst classes.

If you want to play a caster and pwn melees go play a frost mage in wow, otherwise adapt and learn what teamplay means ( cause unlike wow, in this game in matters )

tiguelinus
12.29.2011 , 02:13 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by adreeasa View Post
Maybe you are not supposed to melee the assassins/shadows and you are not supposed to just stand still and trade blows vs mercs/commandos. Use the environment , user your long range and heal/shield ability to outlast the higher burst classes.

If you want to play a caster and pwn melees go play a frost mage in wow, otherwise adapt and learn what teamplay means ( cause unlike wow, in this game in matters )
That's what I want and I'm asking for advise, to learn my class well. Btw, I never liked WoW, just so you know.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/thrawn2034.png

WsbyCruz
12.29.2011 , 05:13 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by tiguelinus View Post
I'm a lvl 48 dps sorceror spec on lightning and I got to say that I don't seem to win against a jedi shadow or a trooper. I have no complains about pve, but on pvp I hardly win 1 on 1. Any advise?
Only level 31 here but I do pretty fine, I lose only when they out-wit me. I ALWAYS keep a shield on me and start with a shock>affliction>lighting strike is how I start and adjust to my buffs and procs I get. So yeah if its a problem with you not surviving just make sure you use range and LOS and shield+heals.
≡▌╣╠ΓLΓ[]█]██████████████████​████████████)

Gvuido
12.29.2011 , 05:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by tiguelinus View Post
ARE YOU KIDDING AT ME ???
LOW DMG??? Mindless, moar... RLY
50 INQ's on BG, get down my full HP by only ONE!! 1 LIGHTING!
You got HEAL, SHIELD , STUN , movement speed rush...

belowthelights
12.29.2011 , 05:57 AM | #6
lol @ sorc being weak in pvp.

PaZZo
12.29.2011 , 06:01 AM | #7
sorc vs trooper (commando. same as merc, gonna use merc's abilities names): have static shield on before the fight starts so you're not ionized mid fight and can put up a second one, jolt their first tracer missile so you get full stack of heat signatures 5 secs later, use your stun wisely (ie when they pop energy shield) and heal yourself during said stun duration, try to be on the 30 meters line so you can go out of their TM range during their casting time and make them lose the cast. It's pretty easy.

Against shadows or high level scoundrels if they get the drop on you from stealth it's kinda rough, as it's supposed to be tbh, but my sorc still ain't that high level and i might be missing some nice tools xD

ReFlexionn
12.29.2011 , 06:01 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gvuido View Post
ARE YOU KIDDING AT ME ???
LOW DMG??? Mindless, moar... RLY
50 INQ's on BG, get down my full HP by only ONE!! 1 LIGHTING!
You got HEAL, SHIELD , STUN , movement speed rush...
you must be a sith warrior since you used rage to write that post
Baka ka omae wa?

Soazak
12.29.2011 , 06:28 AM | #9
OP cannot be serious...

Sorc is awesome

MichaelTC
12.29.2011 , 07:27 AM | #10
I'm healer spec and I frequently kill in pvp 1v1s.