Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Little tips and tricks that you didn't know..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Little tips and tricks that you didn't know..

imehiel
01.07.2013 , 05:04 AM | #461
Brilliant thread. Quite a few tips will certainly prove useful.

TMcMakeitHappen
01.20.2013 , 01:36 AM | #462
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but escaping out of convos in order to choose new dialogue paths seems to negate your ability to get comp affection or light / dark side points. The comp affection tab will still show the + or - affection during the convo, but the points don't seem to actually be rewarded following the convo.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've noticed this a couple of times when I wanted to go back and change my choices.

Elmerpl
01.20.2013 , 02:20 AM | #463
Quote: Originally Posted by TMcMakeitHappen View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but escaping out of convos in order to choose new dialogue paths seems to negate your ability to get comp affection or light / dark side points. The comp affection tab will still show the + or - affection during the convo, but the points don't seem to actually be rewarded following the convo.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've noticed this a couple of times when I wanted to go back and change my choices.
all the LD/DS companion affection gains are summed up and awarded when you finish the whole quest and not right after the convo.

TMcMakeitHappen
01.20.2013 , 09:40 PM | #464
Quote: Originally Posted by Elmerpl View Post
all the LD/DS companion affection gains are summed up and awarded when you finish the whole quest and not right after the convo.
Awesome! I just know that when you escape out of a convo and then finish said convo, you don't see the "you gained xxx points with xxx" in the game chat, so I was wondering.

Your_Ad_Here
01.21.2013 , 10:58 AM | #465
Didn't see this on the list, but you can mail items across factions on your same account.

Though might hhave to check if only can do that as a subscriber.
Displeased with CSR support? Give your feedback on the official link:

https://www.research.net/s/TOREN?

TheIronMonkey
01.21.2013 , 01:35 PM | #466
Here is a newer tip : did you know you can buy many of the legacy unlocks for your ship with cartel coins? And it is quite affordable? And they apply to ALL YOUR TOONS.

If you open your legacy unlocks, lets say the mailbox for your ship, click on it, it will offer you to buy it for XXXXXXX credits or use cartel coins. These unlocks apply to all your toons (I have 8) so quite a bit of savings vs the credit cost. With the free cartel coins I get as a sub I purchased repair bot, mailbox and boost boots for all my toons. I am planning to get the GTN terminal on board with my next set of free coins (I am sub). Still haven't spent any money to buy a cartel coin so far.

Compared to floating chairs and pets, this seems to me one of the best uses for the cartel coins. Having these items on your ship will save you hours of travel to the fleet and planets jut to use mailboxes, etc.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

SleepyKing
01.21.2013 , 04:04 PM | #467
Quote: Originally Posted by Lheim View Post
[*]The GTN terminals on the fleets are faction specific, but the one on Nar Shadaa can be browsed by any character.
...[*]There are 3 datacrons on the starter worlds, and five on each beyond that. Datacrons are hidden objects which give stat boosts.
The first one is no longer true - all the GTN terminals are cross faction now as I understand it.
The second is mostly true. Quesh only has 3 datacrons, but Corellia has 7.

Moestuin
01.22.2013 , 06:19 AM | #468
I don't know if people have mentioned this one but its not in the original post:

- To display the credit symbol in chat use ALT + 0164

(Every time I do this I get 10+ /w of people asking me how to do that)

Jedi_riches
01.22.2013 , 08:39 AM | #469
Easy early XP points available (Republic not so sure of Empire): -

Explore everywhere, points given during exploration and additional points given revealing the whole map.
There is always a 'quest' giver who will send you to find your trainer (Usually near by)
Once on fleet after 1st planet, you will come across a quest giver to find your advanced class trainer.
The terminal nearby gives a quest to investigate crew skills, speak to all of them before completing quest it gives about 450xp each one.
Usually you may have grouped together to do a Heroic quest on the starter planet the terminal also gives a quest to obtain a social points coin on Courasant.

Laar_Dha
01.27.2013 , 02:18 AM | #470
Quote: Originally Posted by majzter View Post
Indeed, we now only wait for BW to create a panel to change the size of the annoyingly clumpsy actionbars
You can change the size and position of all bars and icons in the UI editor. Click on the item you want to resize, then in its pop up box you can adjust the scale or disable it entirely. You can change the vertical side bars to horizontal also. I will get a screen shot when I'm back on my PC. It can really free up a bit of screen space that having more open action slots can obscure. Once you have a format you like you can use that format with any character by selecting its name. For example, my current favorite is named Karreck3 as that was the pc I edited, but all my chars have access to that same edited format.
Ke nu'jurkadir sha mando'ade.