Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Little tips and tricks that you didn't know..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Little tips and tricks that you didn't know..

shama
04.06.2012 , 02:41 AM | #451
Quote: Originally Posted by Rjard View Post
target of target.

What is the actual game usage for that......can someone please tell me
You could use this in a flashpoint or operation, so that you can always target the same enemy as your tank. In this way you're sure that focus fire is taking place and you won't be pulling agro on the 'wrong' enemy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision

Tickdoff-Tank
04.06.2012 , 10:41 AM | #452
"Target of Target" can also be helpful for healers to quickly determine who a boss is pounding on if the tank loses aggro/disconnects/dies.

Roodbot
08.26.2012 , 07:08 AM | #453
If you open the modification window for an item you want to take the mods out of, you can right-click on the mods to remove them rather than clicking and dragging.
Once you go tank, you never go back!

JustinCassidy
08.26.2012 , 03:13 PM | #454
Target of Target is a must for me, as my lvl 50 is a Sith Juggeranut tank. I have my UI set up so that it is right inbetween my hotbars. I know precisely when my enemy loses arrgo or switches to the healer. Then I just pop intercede/taunt and go back to tanking away.
Canderous Ordo: "The Azard Legacy"
Malguis - 50 Human Juggernaut
Dimak - 40 Sith Assassin
Wyyrlok - 50 Rattataki Sorcerer

William_Smith
08.26.2012 , 03:58 PM | #455
Just wanted to say thank you for making this thread!
Valor 70+
Light Side V Title and Speeder | Dark Side V Title and Speeder
All Companions 10,000/10,000 Affection Including HK-51

LordSevenNine
09.08.2012 , 03:01 PM | #456
Hi, excellent work - maybe you can add these to the front page:

* ctrl-left-click any armor: previews any armor from a vendor, from inventory et al. You might have to keep the preview window open when switching to a companion preview, the view might not update. Then you need to ctrl-left-click again. You can even preview armor that's above your class (preview heavy armor on an Inquisitor for example). But beware to not ctrl-right-click by accident in a vendor window or you'll buy it ;-)

* advertising missions lfm/lfg in chat: go to the chat window, start typing then shift-left-lick on a mission item that's visible to the right on your Mission Tracker. You can continue writing or add other misison. When you press enter, you'll get the fancy requests in orange. They are also clickable in the chat window and show further information (level, ...)

* advertising items in chat: same as advertising missions, but you have to have your inventory open and shift-left-click on an inventory item.

* walk/run lock: hit the Num Lock key on your keyboard and your character will keep moving straight ahead automatically, no need to hold down the A key. But you still have to steer left/right so your mileage may vary depending on terrain. Hit Num Lock again to stop this. In my case the function is also bound automatically to my 5th Logitech mouse button.

I just wonder why stuff like that is not in the manual

Regards

Markus

Lord_O_Death_Joe
12.06.2012 , 10:29 PM | #457
Great info, thanks for the tips. I group a lot and target of target will certainly help.
-
*.....*.,,....Lv fr r d lk pr....,,.*......*
.......,~,.....Srh hrugh Awsmss.....,~,.......
.._.~;`~._,;~,................... Joe ....................,~;,_.~`;~._..

happysister
12.06.2012 , 10:51 PM | #458
Quote: Originally Posted by Lheim View Post
Miscellaneous
  • The GTN terminals on the fleets are faction specific, but the one on Nar Shadaa can be browsed by any character.
this was changed awhile ago. GTN is no longer faction specific. all terminals no matter what their location show items put up by toons on both factions.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire

Draloch
12.06.2012 , 10:53 PM | #459
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
this was changed awhile ago. GTN is no longer faction specific. all terminals no matter what their location show items put up by toons on both factions.
In general, necroing old threads is problematic (and against this site's forum policy). If you see an old thread and think it has useful information, the best thing is to just make a new thread about the same topic, rather than bumping a months-old thread with possibly inaccurate information.

TheIronMonkey
12.09.2012 , 01:22 PM | #460
I agree, but 46 pages of tips is hard to reproduce. And specially now, with so many new people around... Some web site admin somewhere should take this whole pile and make a decent article out of it. For the stuff I read through it, most of it still applies. And I know some newbie players (my brother, for example) that could use the info.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...