Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Little tips and tricks that you didn't know..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Little tips and tricks that you didn't know..

Putok
12.29.2011 , 02:36 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Bionixx View Post
Is this a joke? If not, I LOVE YOU MAN!
What's more, you can buy them in unlimited quantities from the security key vendor for 1k a piece.

GawdoOo
12.29.2011 , 02:41 AM | #22
You don't need to use a mod station. You can add and remove mods from your moddable items, by ctrl+left clicking them, anywhere.

I see so many people asking where a mod station is..

Rhym
12.29.2011 , 02:48 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Bionixx View Post
Is this a joke? If not, I LOVE YOU MAN!
It has an 18hr cooldown, but still very nice yes.

trumpsofdoom
12.29.2011 , 02:49 AM | #24
Your companions can wear pvp gear so at lvl 20 and 40 it is easy to get a full set of blue gear for them

Palonto
12.29.2011 , 02:55 AM | #25
You can use the N key to get your companion window open on your ship. If you want a different companion you can use the arrows next to their name to scroll through them. This way you can Outfit your companions without summoning them.
Proud member of SQUADRON 367
Quote:
C2-N2 - The only thing that crits is his voice in your earchannel!

Georg Zoeller

VashNKnives
12.29.2011 , 03:00 AM | #26
ALT+z is bound (at least I don't think I changed it) to toggle on and off the UI, making for a more cinematic experiance. This is especially nice on taxi rides and if you play mostly using binds like me

OmicronZero
12.29.2011 , 03:03 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Satpolpp View Post
You can use the Emergency Fleet Pass to instantly teleport back to the Republic/Imperial Fleet from anywhere. It's in your skill box in general tab.
The Fleet Passes can also cause a game-killing glitch wherein you cannot leave the Fleet by any means and must re-log in order to fix it.

---

The mob spacing in most areas is enough so that, if careful, you can walk through without drawing any aggro. Though some companions (mostly ranged, it seems) will sometimes grab aggro.

Galactic Republic and Sith Empire characters can communicate, but only in local (/say).

It seems that not all GTNs are created equal, there does appear to be a Republic-only, Empire-only, and a neutral version.

There appear to be three Datacrons per starter world and five for all other planets (not counting instances where some can only be collected by one faction, like Tatooine).

When your companion wants to talk 'somewhere private', you can talk to them in a cantina (and likely any designated Rest Area). You only need to go to your ship when it says 'on your ship'.

Companion quests do seem to have a built in 'level', so it is best to start getting gifts and increasing affection as quickly as possible.

A number of minor graphical/UI glitches can be fixed by toggling the UI (Ctrl U), clicking, and/or moving/trying to move.

The /stuck command seems to work by teleporting you back a few steps, so it's actually useful for more than just being stuck (especially when Datacron collecting).
|‾|╨╨╨╨╨╨\‾‾\‾\ ██████████████████████████████████)

Rilauven
12.29.2011 , 03:06 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Palonto View Post
You can use the N key to get your companion window open on your ship. If you want a different companion you can use the arrows next to their name to scroll through them. This way you can Outfit your companions without summoning them.
Does this work to give gifts to different companions as well?

If that Girl isn't impressed by your Action Figure Collection then she's not the right one for you!

Yevgenytnc
12.29.2011 , 03:09 AM | #29
Is there away to have name tags of mobs and players always displayed, rather than on mouse over only?

I wna to quickly see who are the elites in a group i am about to pull without having to target each one...

VashNKnives
12.29.2011 , 03:11 AM | #30
The official game manual is online. Good for us digital owners: http://www.swtor.com/gamemanual/how-to-play

SWTOR Wiki:
http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Datacron