Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best & Worse Class Stories.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best & Worse Class Stories.

ArchonSaar
12.29.2011 , 04:21 AM | #21
Guess I'm the only one who enjoys the consular story...but then again I'm the guy that reads every lore piece, and likes mystery and history

I kindof got bored by inquisitor, but consular is more fun.

Not sure about best, since i haven't played IA yet, but as worse I would put SI and BH; With BH it was funny at times, but I simply couldn;t get into the story...it was all just 'here's a bounty, go kill"; No twists, no secrets, no nothing...

zaerox
12.29.2011 , 06:30 AM | #22
I love SI so far.. very interesting story.. I really love the betrayal aspect and just overall badness of my character during it.
ShAdOwS -Sith Assassin-

Zlattrick
12.29.2011 , 06:41 AM | #23
Best: Sith Warrior so far

Worst: I'd say Smuggler

Heimskringla
12.29.2011 , 07:53 AM | #24
I am conflicted about the Inquisitor story. Act I felt very much like Indiana Jones with a lightsaber and Force Lightning.

Act II has me feeling a bit like Egon from the Ghostbusters.

On some level, I like the story, but it doesn't really feel like a Sith story to me. There's none of the dark, deceitful, cunning manipulation reminiscent of the early Palpatine. I do get my own cult and the option to shock people gratuitously in conversations, though.

Khem Val more or less warms up to you after you do his first quest on Tatooine. I was really frustrated I didn't have the option to banish Zash at the end of Act I in favor of keeping KHem Val intact.

I'd love to know who wrote the Sith Inquisitor story so I could whack them once or twice with a blunt object. It's like they spent all their time writing the Gary Stu/Mary Sue story for the Jedi Knight and had nothing left for the SI.

The Sith Warrior's story is awesome. It's everything the SI's story should have been and then also awesome in its own right. Politics, intrigue, deception, cunning, corruption, manipulation... it's all there.
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.

JJDrakken
12.29.2011 , 08:46 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Heimskringla View Post

I'd love to know who wrote the Sith Inquisitor story so I could whack them once or twice with a blunt object. It's like they spent all their time writing the Gary Stu/Mary Sue story for the Jedi Knight and had nothing left for the SI.

The Sith Warrior's story is awesome. It's everything the SI's story should have been and then also awesome in its own right. Politics, intrigue, deception, cunning, corruption, manipulation... it's all there.

EXACTLY, that should been more the Inquisitor, not the Warrior. Warrior is Darth Vader, not Palpatine.

JJ
GUILD: LEGACY Server: The Harbinger
A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he ain't afraid of anything.
This Jawa is hiding something!

Vibeth
12.29.2011 , 09:06 AM | #26
Bounty Hunter story is quite average. For one, (not a real spoiler since you find this out in the first 2 or 3 quests you do) I simply DESPISE that my goal is to avenge an old man I met a few minutes ago. Second, I *********** hate Mako. That ***** should toughen up.

Other than that it's quite OK, you go around doing kill jobs and asking for credits

FiftyPercentGrey
12.29.2011 , 09:13 AM | #27
most boring so far: trooper, bounty hunter

most entertaining so far: smuggler, sith warrior

DamienStark
12.29.2011 , 09:24 AM | #28
I can only speak for Act I Male Bounty Hunter, but my take on it so far:

Voice acting is good, he sounds sort of stoic by default, but can shift up to compassionate or down to cocky and mean depending on your dialog choices.

Main story so far is fairly simple - blow stuff up and hunt down guys so you can qualify for the Great Hunt, which is a competition to blow stuff up and hunt down guys. Fairly straightforward, but not outright boring.

Mako (your first companion) helps a lot. Good voice acting, and nice to have a good healer right out of the gate.

Lastly, I've been going Light Side BH, which I think makes for a far more interesting character story. It's not the silly goody light choices I'm used to from single-player RPGs like "oh no, don't pay me for this quest, your thanks is all I need!". Even full-on-Light-side, you're still not loyal to any side, just in it for the credits, and hunting down shady people and wrecking their businesses. You're just not so blood-thirsty or cruel, giving some people second chances or sparing the innocents...

swampthing
12.29.2011 , 10:48 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DamienStark View Post
Even full-on-Light-side, you're still not loyal to any side, just in it for the credits, and hunting down shady people and wrecking their businesses. You're just not so blood-thirsty or cruel, giving some people second chances or sparing the innocents...

I gotta agree with that. Whoever wrote the BH dark side choices really needs to get a grip. Alot of the choices are like *** are you serious? Just way out there and just extremely murderous for no reason at all and a bit over the top. its like "oh you talked to me, now i'm going to shoot you in the face for no reason at all". Every once in awhile the dark side choices are a bit more in line. The person you talked to tried screwing you or something or were really annoying or whatever so you shoot them, but other times it's like just way over the top. I've been neutral for the longest time now because most of the dark side choices are just too over the top.

As for the story i was expecting more from BH.
Spoiler

Smuggler story seems really dull as well. Trooper seems like your typical soldier story, doesn't feel star warsy.

Saw alot of my wifes agent storyline and that seems great, as does my sith warrior so far.

jkmalnar
12.29.2011 , 11:19 AM | #30
44 BH here. I give the story 7.6/10

DS BH choices are mindless. Going LS makes you seem more like a professional. When there is no Dark Side of the Force to explain the evil actions, it just makes most of (not all) the DS choices feel like insane, pointless, random killing. The exceptions to this, are when your bounty is like "please don't kill me, i didn't know". A job is a job, you smoke that guy and take the DS points.

Also, with Mako being so pro-LS, it makes me think they wrote the BH story to be LS.