Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What exactly does crit rating do?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
What exactly does crit rating do?

wiggs
12.28.2011 , 11:52 PM | #1
with +9 crit crystal on saber 16.63 crit chance

without anything in that slot 16.63 crit chance.

What am I missing?

Shammus
12.29.2011 , 12:22 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by wiggs View Post

What am I missing?
you may not have enough to effect the crit chance.. crit rating should affect your chance to crit..
Sith Weapons And Tactics
Guildmaster | Giradda the Hutt
You have been knocked unconscious! Pain and suffering tries to strike YOU, but misses! You died. Returning to home point, please wait...LOADING, PLEASE WAIT

malgrimace
12.29.2011 , 02:03 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by wiggs View Post

What am I missing?
Bonuses to skills increase in very small increments. Take for example the shield my BH uses. It gives +10 Defense, which increases my Defense chance by 0.35.

Now, I'm not sure why the increase isn't displaying on your paperdoll, it may be because it's bugged, it's ineffectual at your level or it may be down to the increase not being large enough to show (which I doubt, based on my example above).

Further to that (as per the title of your post) the Crit Rating score affects your chances of getting a critical hit with your attacks. The amount of additional damage you will do on a Crit is displayed below your Crit chance. For example, I have a 12.19% chance of my attacks being crits, which will increase the damage for that attack by +50%. So if my attack would normally do 500 damage, there's a 12.19% chance it will do 750 damage instead.

The amount of bonus damage you do per crit is determined by your Surge rating. Later in the game, you may come across items with the Surge bonus stat. The more of these items you have, the higher your critical damage will become.

wiggs
12.29.2011 , 08:10 AM | #4
I would've thought I'd at least see a .01 increase in crit chance if I changed from no crit to +9 crit. I'm hoping this is bugged. Otherwise I don't know what kind of stats I'd like on my gear...