Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where the heck is the blaster rifle?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Where the heck is the blaster rifle?

Akuzio
04.30.2012 , 09:44 AM | #111
Please please please make Blaster Rifles available to us Bounty Hunters it would complete me
Shoot For Thrills, Pray For Kills

iDraxter
04.30.2012 , 11:43 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Akuzio View Post
Please please please make Blaster Rifles available to us Bounty Hunters it would complete me
This, most mandalorian NPC`s have rifles, there is also a mandalorian npc on Taris that is shooting a dummy (near Commander Fett`s tent) god am i jealous
I mean seriously now all they have to do is give the BH(PT) rifles with the animations of the troopers version of unload and rapid shots..THAT S IT! nothing more because everything else the Suit does its job unlike the Trooper where there guns do all their tricks so only 2 animation changes
Firebat: Need a light?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

Tremont
04.30.2012 , 01:39 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by spiey View Post
100% agreed i would go PT but having one little blaster is embarrassing i feel like a child with it
Same. PT's should get to use Rifles.
Look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

Shughart
05.04.2012 , 05:15 AM | #114
I agree, blaster rifle would be a good alternative to dual blaster pistols.

Xerkrom
05.04.2012 , 01:05 PM | #115
PSHHHHH, It's not about size, it's how you use it. Pshawww who needs 2 blasters, I only need one to get the job done. ;D

Ricktur
05.05.2012 , 12:11 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by spiey View Post
100% agreed i would go PT but having one little blaster is embarrassing i feel like a child with it
ok, yeah.. . . say this to Robocop's face or Judge Dredd - i mean do you really think the Lawgiver Pistol is embarrassing?

/facepalm
Sgt. Boos Macarrage - Republic Trooper/Vanguard - PVE Tank Spec
Prophecy of the Five - US East PVP
Republic Commandos: First Ones In, Last Ones Out. Never Quit. Never Fail.

drwranck
05.31.2012 , 12:01 PM | #117
I wish BW would look into this, wouldn't it be a simple change to add the skill of blaster riffle??? over 100 posts and still no DEVs has posted on this topic!

maxetius
05.31.2012 , 07:47 PM | #118
Cuz it's not gonna happen.

Gratulor
06.04.2012 , 03:34 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by ChooseStevo View Post
AFAIK, Republic Trooper Vanguards use Blaster Rifles and offhand Shields at the same time, therefore giving a Powertech a rifle should not take away their shields. Troopers and Bounty Hunters, skill for skill, are exactly the same. I won't even go into how much that saddens me.
This.

And if you look at Mandalorian NPCs on Dromund Kaas, the Mandalorian raiders flashpoint and the Esseles, you can see BH skills (Flamethrowers, rockets, etc) on nearly all of them, even those who wield blaster cannons. And nobody would look at the armour and skills and mistake them for a trooper in warzones. The animations are there and the weapons are there. It's not like it would require completely new animations or a total rework of the class mechanics.
"If you only look after your own hide, then you're not a man."

Snow_Hawk
06.05.2012 , 06:11 PM | #120
I think this would be a good idea however i think a pistol makes alot of sense because your siting at a table and someone walks up to you a sticks a gun in your face (greedo vs han in a new hope) well it would be hard to bring a rifle to your shoulder with out geting shot first so like han we have a pistol and shoot the thug first but hell i still think a rifle/carbine is a good idea or just up-grade a blaster like some one said above and put a stock on it and a longer barrel there are some nice blasters at the pvp fleet vender that would look good as rifle/carbine (they look like a small G3) and after all bobafett used all kinds of weapons including a lightsaber and jango had a sniper rifle