Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A way to return to default settings while you are outside the game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
A way to return to default settings while you are outside the game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DeepCelsius
12.28.2011 , 11:40 PM | #1
Alright...I was messing with my graphics and change it to a screen where its refreshing too fast for me to see anything. I waited for the bar to revert it to normal :/ but it didn't do that. So now I'm stuck with a screen I can't fix inside the game client itself.

Is there a way to return to default client settings while outside the game client?

DeepCelsius
12.28.2011 , 11:52 PM | #2
-bump-

DeepCelsius
12.29.2011 , 12:04 AM | #3
just the file name of what is keeping my preferences on my computer would be neat. I tried deleting the AppData preferences thing located : file:///C:/Users/courtinie/AppData/Local/SWTOR/swtor/settings/

I'm not going to have to reinstall am I?

Gatzoh
12.29.2011 , 12:15 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings DeepCelsius,

yes, you can delete the client_settings.ini - or better rename it; so you will have a backup. As soon as you start the launcher and the client_settings.ini is not where it should be, the launcher will create a new (default) one.
Gatzoh | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

bodbuilder
12.29.2011 , 12:17 AM | #5
greetings
AMD FX 6 - core processor black edition 3.9ghz - ASUS M5A97 motherboard - 8gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE - 2 Radeon hd 6750 graphics cards.

DeepCelsius
12.29.2011 , 12:31 AM | #6
Fixed it.

If anyone else ever has the problem I went to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\client_defaults

and changed fullscreen to = false. That allowed me to get in and change the settings.

DeepCelsius
12.29.2011 , 12:34 AM | #7
Oops didn't see the reply. Thanks for the response I figured I'd be lost in the sheer volume of what you guys have to deal with in these forums.

I don't envy you guys!