Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is reverse engineering bugged or still a work in progress?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Is reverse engineering bugged or still a work in progress?

Deslan
12.29.2011 , 08:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Raximillian View Post
I think it's fine as it is. If you want to get the best of the best of the best, then you need to put time and effort into the game. If they were just given by the trainer, the game crafting would be like any other game out there, and be quite boring.
This. Crafting isn't supposed to be super-easy. Then again, it's not supposed to be a grind either. When BW talked about crafting originally, they said that only expert crafters would know where to go to find components etc. So I'm hoping this is still true. Not only that getting recipes requires some effort, but also that if you know where to go (like finding matrix shards), you can get special crafting resources.

Agiri
12.29.2011 , 11:07 AM | #12
Put another way: Random loot is random.

asdfgasdfasd
12.29.2011 , 11:14 AM | #13
anybody else's RE button completely dissappear now?

TCGaz
12.29.2011 , 11:42 AM | #14
Yes, but it appears when talking to vendors and viewing vault contents (I think).

Slayd_
12.29.2011 , 04:03 PM | #15
I do agree, it shouldn't be easy to get good schematics.. it's the just how random it is that bothers me.. like just now I made 4 level 31 blue bracers, the first RE yielded a schematic.. yay.. but so random. I would rather there be some kind of guaranteed schematic after a point.

Slayd_
12.29.2011 , 04:04 PM | #16
Perhaps even something like, an increased chance for a schematic from one of those advanced/exceptionally crafting items with an augment slot.

The-Hammer
12.29.2011 , 04:29 PM | #17
that would be true if they were the best recipes. they are not. most are only lvl 49 and not as good as ones you get for hardmodes and ops. so maxing out professions and REing like a mad man really gets you no gain.

eljefeguitar
01.01.2012 , 04:49 PM | #18
I dont understand why so many of you were jumping to the conclusion that he was trying to obtain a recipe for an artifact level item. Seems like he was attempting to proc a prototype level item from a green (name?). I agree with the very low proc chance for learning artifact level schematics but I feel like it stands to reason that the chance for prototype schematics could stand to come up a little bit seeing as how they dont elevate the current stats at all, nor are they the end all of gearing up, they're 3rd on that list.

KroganElite
01.01.2012 , 04:56 PM | #19
Crafting in this game is like life. Have's and have nots. Deal with it.

Randomness
01.01.2012 , 04:59 PM | #20
20 is too small a sample size to get any significant results from.

I mean, I got a purple stimpack recipe from something like three greens and two blues today. That's abnormally fast to RE up to tiers in my experience. At the same time, I've had days where I can't land a RE crit to save my life.

The number one way to tell made-up "random" data is the lack of streaks. People think random results should be evenly distributed, and that... meh, I could write essays on this. You get the idea.