Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP - Dev Hiring

Lolforums
12.28.2011 , 10:14 PM | #1
Bioware: Can you please stop hiring people who have not at least PVP'd in MMO's since UO and that have absolutely no clue as to how to balance PVP? You've got several MMO foundations to build from, there is really no excuse for the after thought that you've created and called PVP. Steal programmers who were directly responsible for the RVR implementations on DOAC. Find and pay the PVP designers in UO or GW and bring them on your team. Leverage the headaches other MMO's have undertaken and learn from them, don't go BACKWARDS. I don't even care about the graphics or any of the other superfluous, scripted, PVE crap that everyone else is distracted by. You need people with ACTUAL PVP experience designing the system, not kids who list "Played WoW" on their resume and have a computer science degree from a 2 year technical school. I can't think of any other credentials these people could possibly have based on this mess you call PVP at release. Either that or they lied (like most idiots do to land the job) and are in over their heads.

You seriously screwed PVP and if it doesn't change (granted, you said it would - something I'm hoping you stand by and SOON), this game will flop faster than AION.

Initial Solutions:

Bracket the Warzones - steal WoW's implementation for all I care (IT WORKS, DON'T "FIX" IT!).

Remove this ridiculous "buff" implementation as your solution for the level differences in warzones WHEN you introduce brackets.

Implement diminishing returns on stuns (their timers) where they grant immunity after the second stun. The CC in this game is absolutely ridiculous and simply excessive.

Let's start with that and revisit where we are after a week or two.

On a positive note: Huttball is fantastic - MORE PLEASE!

Girdeux
12.28.2011 , 10:16 PM | #2
pretty sure alot of there pvp dev team is from mythic aka the warhammer team

KetMalice
12.28.2011 , 10:20 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
pretty sure alot of there pvp dev team is from mythic aka the warhammer team
No wonder it is a failure.