Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This should not be happening (50 facerolling and bug)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
This should not be happening (50 facerolling and bug)

CultOfBaltar
12.28.2011 , 09:54 PM | #1
In Hutball, there's a bug I've encountered three times now -- becoming immobilized after using an air jump.

First time it happened to me, I was able to Force Charge to get out of it. Second time, I had to use the /stuck command.

And this time, the third time it's happened, my lvl 20 Sith Marauder was stuck for more than a minute, a sitting duck until I someone got close enough to Force Charge.

But...a level 50 Assassin came up, hit me for 4050, then hit me again and I was dead. A two-shot. (And I do have almost all the lvl 20 PvP gear.)

This dude killed me four or five more times during the match. At one point, I caught him in a corner and unloaded on him, blowing my cooldowns. He CC'd me twice in a row, both 4-second durations, en route to scoring another 4k blow. (I think he CC'd me only to wait until Cloak of Pain faded so he could get another two-shot.)

This particular match happened to be filled with 50s.

I understand what the devs are trying to do here, and I know this system is for the sake of queue times, but I do wonder if shorter queue times are worth the damage caused by whole legions of players who are getting facerolled by people who had early access or had the time to powerlevel to 50.

Maybe Marauders get more gap-closing tools, and maybe there's much more damage mitigation and CC immunity that even things up for melee players at 50. I don't know. I'm not there yet. I can only speak to my experience so far.

But I do think the devs should really re-think what the level gap means when it comes to abilities, CC, gear discrepancies and the overall game experience. Right now, it's frustrating.
"No more Mr. Nice Gaius!"
Xilla, Sith Marauder, Space Slug

Avanien
12.28.2011 , 10:00 PM | #2
I would gladly wait in a 10 minute queue if it meant I didn't have to be dealing with people +/- 20 levels of me or so. As it is, it sometimes takes 10 minutes for the queue to pop.

I am also tired of getting roflpwned by 50s at low levels...but I do have to admit it is fun to play on my 50 and roflpwn someone else. This is probably why the only people trolling these threads in order to protest changes are the 50s.

Horridthehunter
12.28.2011 , 10:02 PM | #3
Agreed but this thread is troll bait. Expect 20 replies of "L2P/ I've never experienced what you're talking about from one of the OP clases/ or one of the lvl 50's not wanting to get their party ruined).

Just stick around. Soon enough it will be full of 50's and PvP gear wont make a huge difference vs skill. Then you'll hear some of the early lvl 50's whining about balance when they don't have a huge advantage anymore. It's just the way it goes.

Zunzun
12.28.2011 , 10:04 PM | #4
I completely agree, WZ in their current state are just a matter of which team has the biggest number of 50.

CultOfBaltar
12.28.2011 , 10:51 PM | #5
Thanks for the replies.

I completely understand the logic behind grouping everyone together, at least in the beginning, and I don't plan to ragequit or make a stupid thread about how I'm un-subbing to go play GW2. I hate that kind of behavior.

But at the same time, this can't be fun for level 50s either. It's probably fun for a short while before it gets really old stomping through WZs without much competition. I know I do not enjoy slaughtering R1 players in Rift when I'm on my R8 Cleric...the really fun games are the close ones, the hard-fought matches against equally-geared players.

My best hope is some fine-tuning in a near-future patch, because I don't want to get to level 50 and face lowbies either.
"No more Mr. Nice Gaius!"
Xilla, Sith Marauder, Space Slug

Sugarpill
12.28.2011 , 11:02 PM | #6
Anyone who says "L2P" are simply enjoying the ability to easily run over players. At 36, I basically mow down lower level players without much contest. I can't even fathom what it's like for a 50 in WZs heavily saturated with low level players just starting to level up, except perhaps much like this: "Ohhh, PIECE OF CANDY!" This is especially terrible since a WZ match against a bunch of teen-levels is worth the same as a match versus high-leveled players. Risk and difficulty versus reward is all skewed as it stands currently.