Please fix the pvp scoring - it's still garbage

lewiscdolan

Title pretty much says it all. I know this will get moved to PVP folder, but please return the scoring system to the way it was for many years. On my newest character I have now had 4 matches, all losses and I have abandoned the quest altogether. This is just not worth the aggravation. At least with the old scoring system you could finish weeklies, etc. with a maximum number of matches but now this is a grind that is just not worth the time. PLEASE FIX THIS SOON!!!!!

Title pretty much says it all. I know this will get moved to PVP folder, but please return the scoring system to the way it was for many years. On my newest character I have now had 4 matches, all losses and I have abandoned the quest altogether. This is just not worth the aggravation. At least with the old scoring system you could finish weeklies, etc. with a maximum number of matches but now this is a grind that is just not worth the time. PLEASE FIX THIS SOON!!!!!

By no means do I think you're wrong. It can be pretty awful at times between class imbalances, premade teams that rolfstomp without contributing to a win they don't care about, class stacking, scoring issues and more. I have had nights where I have gone 6 or more matches in a row without a win, then suddenly I am on the team that roflstomps the opponents...and I'll get several of those in a row.

I do not enjoy close games because, as with the case last night, a scoring issue (scoreboards this time) kept us from winning. There is another thread here that describes it more fully but, in brief, our score was extremely close (within literally 1 point) and the orbs, with seconds left to go, would have secured our victory. We won...but not according to the game because the GAME did not allow the orbs to count. We were 10 seconds or more trying to drop orbs on our CAPTURED pylon and nothing happened.

So yeah, this wins only garbage is even worse when all of the above is taken into consideration.

However, try more than 4 games, and be sure to try as much as you can. Lately, some of my wins are clutch. I have also gotten my weekly done in a single evening. Mind you it took 4 hours or so, but I did it.

Solo queuing is in a bad place right now.

The problem is that some moron thought it was ok to ONLY have wins count. that is textbook super noob idiot mistake right there.

Wins should count more yes, double even. but participation not being rewarded = dying to dead content, far less people caring.

Yet another thread on this. And the BW answer in another thread is they are still gathering feedback. :rolleyes:

Feed back should be overwhelming after 8 months. Not just forum threads or other social media, but their own metrics. Which leads me to think three things.

1. The metrics they are looking at conform to their vision (not saying they are looking at the right metrics or that the vision is correct because you can also use data to create confirmation bias).

2. They have the correct metrics and don’t care or don’t have the resources or time or possibly the inclination to change things for the better.

3. All of us who have posted to say we don’t like the changes are wrong and Bioware is right. It’s our own fault and they know what’s best when it comes to knowing what we enjoy (sarcasm)

The live stream was a massive let down for me. Not one thing about reg pvp or possibly acknowledging player feedback regarding these changes after 8 months. I know JackieKO is trying her hardest and can only report what they give her to report, so I don’t blame her. But Bioware devs have been completely incommunicado about reg pvp changes since they made them.

Feed back should be overwhelming after 8 months. Not just forum threads or other social media, but their own metrics. Which leads me to think three things.

1. The metrics they are looking at conform to their vision (not saying they are looking at the right metrics or that the vision is correct because you can also use data to create confirmation bias).

2. They have the correct metrics and don’t care or don’t have the resources or time or possibly the inclination to change things for the better.

3. All of us who have posted to say we don’t like the changes are wrong and Bioware is right. It’s our own fault and they know what’s best when it comes to knowing what we enjoy (sarcasm)

The live stream was a massive let down for me. Not one thing about reg pvp or possibly acknowledging player feedback regarding these changes after 8 months. I know JackieKO is trying her hardest and can only report what they give her to report, so I don’t blame her. But Bioware devs have been completely incommunicado about reg pvp changes since they made them.

I've reached a conclusion that BW doesn't really care about casual endgame hard stop. They seem to care about a couple types of players: ranked/NiMers and the super casual, here for story and space barbie solo players. Anyone in the middle isn't important for whatever reason, as you laid out in the quote.