Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Purple Discoveries Are Too Rare

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Purple Discoveries Are Too Rare

MaverickXIV's Avatar


MaverickXIV
12.28.2011 , 09:17 PM | #1
At least while leveling up, that is. If they're supposed to be some gate for end-game crafting, then fine, keep the rarity there. But as it stands, while leveling Biochem, by the time I discover a Reusable pack, I'm ready to learn the next tier (or even the tier after that). Of course, by the time I learn that tier, I'll likely be 50.

dark_'s Avatar


dark_
12.28.2011 , 09:29 PM | #2
I understand what you mean. I have found that while trying to level it is best to just try to go for blue recipes and not the purples. although I have found that purple recipe to be as good as a green recipe that is two levels ahead

tingen's Avatar


tingen
12.28.2011 , 10:16 PM | #3
Well I'm cybertech, all it did was rob me of my credits, hight mod I learn to make is 22 and you can buy better mods and ear from vendor for daily commondations. You get at lest 2xmod 23 in a days.

Crew skills should be called screw you skill

pSyToR's Avatar


pSyToR
12.28.2011 , 11:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MaverickXIV View Post
At least while leveling up, that is. If they're supposed to be some gate for end-game crafting, then fine, keep the rarity there. But as it stands, while leveling Biochem, by the time I discover a Reusable pack, I'm ready to learn the next tier (or even the tier after that). Of course, by the time I learn that tier, I'll likely be 50.
I don't agree...

Artifact should only be for devoted crafters... That will take mats, money and time to get...

Everyone has been used to games that are too easy to do... You should work hard to get anything like an artifact...

I don't mean to argue... or to pick a fight just throwing my 2 cents...

Artifact should stay RARE ... extremely rare... Not everyone should be running around with Artifact... Not until they all get around 50... Make raids OR take time to learns the artifact crafting Schem...

I have over 15 - 20 and that character is only 23...
■████████████████████]}][Ξ])])])))|((([([([Ξ][{[████████████████████■

Crymthann's Avatar


Crymthann
12.28.2011 , 11:24 PM | #5
I agree the Schem sghould be rare. what i dont think is that they should be random.If you RE ten green items you should get a blue Schem.25 blue Schems RE'd should get you a purple.50 purples should get you an orange.That is how i would do it.

Slurmez's Avatar


Slurmez
12.28.2011 , 11:44 PM | #6
The purples SHOULD be rare but also they SHOULD be useful, they are not that much better than the blue stuff and as it stands now its effortless to pick up the PvP gear so why bother either making it or buying it

KROSSDARK's Avatar


KROSSDARK
12.29.2011 , 12:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Crymthann View Post
I agree the Schem sghould be rare. what i dont think is that they should be random.If you RE ten green items you should get a blue Schem.25 blue Schems RE'd should get you a purple.50 purples should get you an orange.That is how i would do it.
Your way would leed to everyone getting it. Do you know the meaning of rear?
CE VIP & First Wave Vip!

BourbonDingo's Avatar


BourbonDingo
12.29.2011 , 12:38 AM | #8
I can't help myself.

Rear -

transitive verb
1 : to erect by building : construct
2 : to raise upright
3 - a (1) : to breed and raise (an animal) for use or market
(2) : to bring to maturity or self-sufficiency usually through nurturing care <reared five children> <birds rearing their young>
b : to cause (as plants) to grow
4 : to cause (a horse) to rise up on the hind legs

intransitive verb
1 : to rise high
2 of a horse : to rise up on the hind legs

Prophetic's Avatar


Prophetic
12.29.2011 , 01:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BourbonDingo View Post
I can't help myself.

Rear -

transitive verb
1 : to erect by building : construct
2 : to raise upright
3 - a (1) : to breed and raise (an animal) for use or market
(2) : to bring to maturity or self-sufficiency usually through nurturing care <reared five children> <birds rearing their young>
b : to cause (as plants) to grow
4 : to cause (a horse) to rise up on the hind legs

intransitive verb
1 : to rise high
2 of a horse : to rise up on the hind legs

You are totally my new favorite person. I was thinking this exact same thing when I read that comment.

Silvermink's Avatar


Silvermink
12.29.2011 , 01:21 PM | #10
I wouldn't mind discoveries being slightly less painful, but I agree the rarer they are, the easier they are to sell the good ones on the GTN. I also would like some of the more useless prefixes to be removed, like +defense on light armor.