Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP sucks, it's time to leave and go back to WoW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP sucks, it's time to leave and go back to WoW

LordDoberman
12.28.2011 , 10:46 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by RCducks View Post
Such high hopes for this game, PvP totally bombs, not fun at all. Being a newly released game is no excuse, they had time to look at every single other MMO, take what's bad and keep it out, take what's good and use it, and maybe even improve on it. All the resources they had, all the time they had to develope this game, and this is it? It's a shame, yet another so called WoW killer bites the dust, this game will go nowhere.
Can I haz ur stuff ?

CultOfBaltar
12.28.2011 , 10:56 PM | #32
The posters who pointed out that ranged can shoot through walls do have a valid complaint. I've seen that, especially in Hutball where players can't LoS ranged when they should be able to.

I'm sure the devs will look at this and get it fixed quickly.
"No more Mr. Nice Gaius!"
Xilla, Sith Marauder, Space Slug

DraconianDeus
12.28.2011 , 11:21 PM | #33
kk, bye.
" - Why are you here? - I'm here to kill Republic Scum." (c) Sniper

NoxiousAlby
12.28.2011 , 11:26 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by RCducks View Post
Such high hopes for this game, PvP totally bombs, not fun at all. Being a newly released game is no excuse, they had time to look at every single other MMO, take what's bad and keep it out, take what's good and use it, and maybe even improve on it. All the resources they had, all the time they had to develope this game, and this is it? It's a shame, yet another so called WoW killer bites the dust, this game will go nowhere.
Nowhere in your post do you even attempt to indicate why pvp sucks? 7 year wow veteran here who will never go back, you did give me a good laugh however when you said pvp sucks...going back to wow. The pvp imbalance in wow(Cata) is the worst i've seen in any game for years. Not to mention rehashed battlegrounds & epeen arena, pvpers get the raw carrot in wow but be my guest.

Rathgaar
12.28.2011 , 11:27 PM | #35
Got Panda?
Think Here

Thelongroad
12.28.2011 , 11:29 PM | #36
PvP in SWTOR is primitive.
Such pride in your failure as a man.

Xenoshark
12.28.2011 , 11:36 PM | #37
I am really disappointed in the lag issues and lack of opimization for streaming data when multiple players are present. I am also disappointed in the lack of true DR, the Resolve mechanic is utterly abysmal - a true example of an idea that was good on paper but completely sucks in actuality.

Other than that, I really enjoy the warzones, especially huttball - something that I, personally, thought would be completely lame. It's actually quite fun.

That said, huttball can be extremely bad, such as passing to a player on a 2nd story platform and an enemy UNDER them intercepts it somehow (elevation bug). The global delay and constant knockbacks from the entire sith team are also discouraging.

I guess I have to wrap up my input: it'll get better before it gets worse, but it's definitely not very good right now. Enjoyable at times, extremely frustrating at others (e.g you press your interrupt key and it delays, going off after the enemy finishes their cast). In fact, it's more of the latter.