Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP sucks, it's time to leave and go back to WoW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP sucks, it's time to leave and go back to WoW

Mefistofel
12.28.2011 , 09:06 PM | #21
Such an informative post! So many good points brought up!

CultOfBaltar
12.28.2011 , 09:08 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by FtDParadox View Post
I completely agree with this statement.

Anyone who thought GWs was amazing...just wait for the second addition
For about a year, every moron in every MMO has been screaming about how they're going to GW2, demanding PvP changes or they're going to GW2, and complaining about losing matches, which of course will never happen to them in GW2.

I've seen it in Rift and in this game, and I'm sure the same idiots are out there in other MMOs, crying about PvP.

A thousand bucks says you get to GW2 and immediately start crying about how the PvP sucks, how the classes are imbalanced, how the devs "fail at design" and how you're going back to SWTOR, Rift, WoW, Aion or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

You guys can't even give them two weeks to start ironing out the rough spots in what has been a remarkably smooth launch.

As others have said, get out of our game if you're that miserable.

Skyrat
12.28.2011 , 09:10 PM | #23
The OP has seriously got to be trolling. I played WoW for 5 years and the PVP here is just as good and the warzones are freaking awesome. Sure, it needs a little more developing, but whatever, that will come. To just say that it is just no fun isn't even remotely credible.
Bioware fanboy since Baldur's Gate I

Lipcutt
12.28.2011 , 09:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CultOfBaltar View Post
For about a year, every moron in every MMO has been screaming about how they're going to GW2, demanding PvP changes or they're going to GW2, and complaining about losing matches, which of course will never happen to them in GW2.

I've seen it in Rift and in this game, and I'm sure the same idiots are out there in other MMOs, crying about PvP.

A thousand bucks says you get to GW2 and immediately start crying about how the PvP sucks, how the classes are imbalanced, how the devs "fail at design" and how you're going back to SWTOR, Rift, WoW, Aion or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

You guys can't even give them two weeks to start ironing out the rough spots in what has been a remarkably smooth launch.

As others have said, get out of our game if you're that miserable.
Love this response!! Dead on my friend! +100000

Hydrott
12.28.2011 , 09:13 PM | #25
Im giving SWTOR another month. Thats more then enough time for Bioware to show which direction they want this game to go in.
If they wont bother fixing simple things like animations interfering with abilitys, lagg, ranged constantly shooting through walls etc etc and instead focus on more WZs/more Quests ill definitly go back to WoW.
Play life and live games.

Tuil
12.28.2011 , 09:13 PM | #26
I absolutely love the PVP in this game, especially considering it just released, can only get better from here on out.

People leaving over how "horrible" the PVP are the type that won't even be pleased. Will at least stop some of these threads from popping up later. Bye!

TehStevo
12.28.2011 , 09:15 PM | #27
Bye. I will remember you, always.
||STEVO||
PEAR/Sylkie

tokosan
12.28.2011 , 10:23 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Hydrott View Post
Im giving SWTOR another month. Thats more then enough time for Bioware to show which direction they want this game to go in.
If they wont bother fixing simple things like animations interfering with abilitys, lagg, ranged constantly shooting through walls etc etc and instead focus on more WZs/more Quests ill definitly go back to WoW.
amen to that

Elaithe
12.28.2011 , 10:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by RCducks View Post
Such high hopes for this game, PvP totally bombs, not fun at all. Being a newly released game is no excuse, they had time to look at every single other MMO, take what's bad and keep it out, take what's good and use it, and maybe even improve on it. All the resources they had, all the time they had to develope this game, and this is it? It's a shame, yet another so called WoW killer bites the dust, this game will go nowhere.
Ya, your right, being a new game with incredibly fun PvP and actual creative PvP is no excuse. In fact, I'm NOT going to play WoW because our paragon of PvP released with 0 PvP and still doesn't properly support it to this day. So I'll just keep playing this.

Edit: Also for those of you who haven't, you should go read the ama that was posted on reddit today, you can find the link on Darth Hater... It pretty much goes over everything people are worried about and gives a great view on where this game is going.

At least Bioware doesn't constantly say "working as intended" with clearly broken mechanics and than later on patch them and say they "fixed" it.

Kougi
12.28.2011 , 10:32 PM | #30
And in good ol' wow fashion....CAN I HAS YOUR STUFFS???