BUG: Shroud of Memory (6.2) [T#38271755]

Kaveat

As of 6.2, Shroud of Memory at [speak to the Shroud] (right at the beginning) locks up at the end of the conversation after the first combat sequence.

EDIT: Replacing my SS with McDunnough's video at the relevant time mark:

Right after you make this selection, the convo halts and will not progress. You can escape out and restart it, but it just gets stuck in the same spot again.

Attempts:

• First attempt was pure spacebar smash
  • tried again just skipping to the part with this specific convo response
  • let the whole convo play through in real time
  • exited the story and relaunched
  • exited the story, reset the mission, and relaunched
  • exited the story, fed Z0-0m a [Commander's Compendium], reset the mission (Z0-0M vanished), and relaunched (Z0-0M was still i50)

All get stuck in the same location.

UPDATE: 201211

CSR In-Game Response

Ran the repair, which did not download or change anything.

dropped screen res and lowered all setting to allowed minimum

still having the same issue

Since the question was raised about exiting the Scenario: port to to a stronghold or guild ship to exit the scenario and resume play elsewhere (happy side effect: even though you have not finished the scenario, you still get to keep Z0-0M as a functional companion, and can also take her to i50).

UPDATE: 201214

Will have to see if tomorrows update will work as intended or belly flop...

The cinematic at the “Speak to the Shroud” step will no longer block players from progressing in the Bonus Chapter: Shroud of Memory.

UPDATE: 201215 - Update 6.2a: While 6.2a did resolve the original issue that rendered this scenario unplayable, there are a couple new wrinkles with this update as well:

Spoilers Ahead!

One one hand, a couple of key things will help in the mentioned areas

otoh, it will give away a bit of the story in the process.

When in the first base area, hostile NPC waves that traverse doors get stuck in them, often closing the door in the process, and the doors will not open while in combat. Only 'solution' is to put Z0-0M to DPS to she can chase them through the door, but that occasionally causes other problems with pulling multiple packs (exiting scenario and boosting her to i50 greatly helps - the scenario will pick up where you left off, unless you go into the mission log and reset it).

When engaging the final pack just past the door right before going under water, using the "Charging In" ability on the +Shroud Mercenary drops you right into the water - in all my plays, never had this happen before. This not only skips you past the last groups, but also skips the last terminal for the bonus mission.

Due to the earlier bug with the add waves, once might still have Z0-0M on DPS when starting the HK encounter, which feels more dicey than it did before. If Z0-0M dies during the encounter, the odds of the player finishing HK on their own is very slim. When you respawn, you are literally standing right next to HK, so you are put immediately into combat again. If you do manage to pull it off, you have minimal time to heal up before the following waves of adds rush in and put you into combat again (i got maybe ~10% healed before I was re-engaged)

TLDR: Don't forget to reset Z0-0M to Heals before you engage HK

Other than these, and unless someone else is still having issues, it seems to be back to 'normal'

Edited by Kaveat

After years of ignoring it i bough it on sale last week and ran my smuggler though it with no issue, I suspect the patch screwed it up as it seems to have had a not nice effect a lot of cut scenes...

Yep, here too, I see this after running it in the past. Here's what it looks like:

updated OP with the CSR response and results

Side Note: First time I have ever seen a reason given for them closing in-game tickets:

Just to let you know, I have to close your ticket for you to see my reply but closing the ticket does not mean your issue is resolved.

#smh

Edited by Kaveat

Hi folks,

Sorry to read that you encounter an issue at the step "Speak to the Shroud" of the Shroud of Memory Chapter.

Our team is currently looking into it. For now, there is no additional information, but I'll update you when I know more.

As others have noted, I am stuck at this same spot. When the Shroud talks about his plans for my master's base, I have tried all three follow up replies and none work. Sadly, my main is now locked in the HK55 mode. If anyone has any suggestions how to get out so I can play regular until this glitch is fixed, it would be appreciated. I can stop tracking the task but nothing else.

As others have noted, I am stuck at this same spot. When the Shroud talks about his plans for my master's base, I have tried all three follow up replies and none work. Sadly, my main is now locked in the HK55 mode. If anyone has any suggestions how to get out so I can play regular until this glitch is fixed, it would be appreciated. I can stop tracking the task but nothing else.

Use The Emergency Fleet Pass.

Edited by onnefalt

The original bug is cleared.

Did a fresh Play through... found a few new wrinkles

Spoilers Ahead!

One one hand, a couple of key things will help the specific areas mentioned

When in the first base area, hostile NPC waves that traverse doors get stuck in them, often closing the door in the process, and the doors will not open while in combat. Only 'solution' is to put Z0-0M to DPS to she can chase them through the door, but that occasionally causes other problems with pulling multiple packs (exiting scenario and boosting her to i50 greatly helps - the scenario will pick up where you left off, unless you go into the mission log and reset it).

When engaging the final pack just past the door right before going under water, using the "Charging In" ability on the +Shroud Mercenary drops you right into the water - in all my plays, never had this happen before. This not only skips you past the last groups, but also skips the last terminal for the bonus mission.

Due to the earlier bug with the add waves, once might still have Z0-0M on DPS when starting the HK encounter, which feels more dicey than it did before. If Z0-0M dies during the encounter, the odds of the player finishing HK on their own is very slim. When you respawn, you are literally standing right next to HK, so you are put immediately into combat again. If you do manage to pull it off, you have minimal time to heal up before the following waves of adds rush in and put you into combat again (i got maybe ~10% healed before I was re-engaged)

Other than these, and unless someone else is still having issues, it seems to be back to 'normal'

Edited by Kaveat

Hi folks,

Sorry to read that you encounter an issue at the step "Speak to the Shroud" of the Shroud of Memory Chapter.

Our team is currently looking into it. For now, there is no additional information, but I'll update you when I know more.

/poke

don't forget to put the consumable back on the CM...

The original bug is cleared.

Did a fresh Play through... found a few new wrinkles

Spoilers Ahead!

One one hand, a couple of key things will help the specific areas mentioned

Put her on passive and draw the mobs back to you ;)