Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I thought the Operative/Scoundrel stuff was BS..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I thought the Operative/Scoundrel stuff was BS..

Jnaathra
12.28.2011 , 06:55 PM | #1
until tonight..

I just watched one that ripped through everyone.. Me at lvl 42 in heavy armor.. A couple lvl 50 tanks.. some 40+ healers.. At some point during the match I just stopped fighting and walked around watching them. If there was any chance of dying they would vanish (talented 1 min cd). Every opener from them was a 4.5k hit followed by a pile of numbers that I could barely make out..

4.5-5.5k opener

Just a constant stream of numbers.

I am shell shocked.. I just see no way to handle them at all.

Match Results

xMZe
12.28.2011 , 07:09 PM | #2
Its really not hard to get those numbers in decent gear and stacking cds/buffs. Only have 406 expertise and I've obliterated people with chain 3-4k crits (surge/crit trinket + overcharged saber + recklessness > backstab > 3s spell immunity > shock > discharge > assassinate). The burst can be higher if I already had a 5 stack of surging charge up.

Tinkar
12.28.2011 , 07:12 PM | #3
He's op, but the one below him is just fine? Looks like a premade just shat all over your pug.

Repefe
12.28.2011 , 07:14 PM | #4
The problem is the opener ... not a fun mechanic imho for either side. And I play scoundrel.
Killer: 53%, Socializer: 53%, Achiever: 47%, Explorer: 47%

Jnaathra
12.28.2011 , 07:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tinkar View Post
He's op, but the one below him is just fine? Looks like a premade just shat all over your pug.
If it was a premade they would have won the match outright.

Vetril
12.28.2011 , 07:15 PM | #6
look at all those BH... I wonder why there are so many.

Tinkar
12.28.2011 , 07:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jnaathra View Post
If it was a premade they would have won the match outright.
Then the skill difference between the two teams was clearly enough to make any class look OP.

AtomicDP
12.28.2011 , 07:19 PM | #8
lol why jump to saying he's OP, maybe he's just a really good player...this is called ecological fallacy and is a form of discrimination/stereotyping. you discriminating scum!
THE STARSHOOTER LEGACY

Jnaathra
12.28.2011 , 07:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Vetril View Post
look at all those BH... I wonder why there are so many.
When you see a BH pull those kinda numbers there is a big difference. The majority of that damage is coming from AOE. Damage that is moderate and spread over multiple targets. Damage that can be healed or survived.

The damage you see from the operative is massive single target spike damage. Damage that literally explodes a target in a few seconds.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tinkar View Post
Then the skill difference between the two teams was clearly enough to make any class look OP.
That kinda talk no longer flies with me and people in the game are all starting to see it first hand. They aren't even really ******-ing about it per say (in our general and pvp chat) they are more or less laughing about it.. How it is obvious and will be changed.

Tinkar
12.28.2011 , 07:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jnaathra View Post
When you see a BH pull those kinda numbers there is a big difference. The majority of that damage is coming from AOE. Damage that is moderate and spread over multiple targets. Damage that can be healed of or survived.

The damage you see from the operative is massive single target spike damage. Damage that literally explodes a target in a few seconds.

That kinda talk no longer flies with me and people in the game are all starting to see it first hand. They aren't even really ******-ing about it per say (in our general and pvp chat) they are more or less laughing about it.. How it is obvious and will be changed.
You're right. It probably will get changed. It'll probably get overkilled and they'll be worthless.

Honestly I would have been more upset at you for "afking" like you did while contributing nothing.