Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is generating all these credits the last two years, Let's help the devs fix it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What is generating all these credits the last two years, Let's help the devs fix it

gelper
09.15.2020 , 10:56 AM | #1
What is generating all these credits the last two years, Let's help the devs fix it.

I have no idea what it is and apparently neither do the developers, Maybe if we can post ideas of what easily repeatable thing is being done to generate this massive amount of credits so that we can get it fixed.

I don't know if its tons of free accounts doing something or what. Any ideas? It's obviously something that generates pure credits and not items, unless the items can then be sold for credits to a vendor.

Also, maybe the developers should do a sting operating on the credit sellers to find out how they are doing it. That's my top suggestion.

These exploiters can generate credits so easily that they can undercut the price from the cartel store by multiple times over. How bad does this have to get before action is taken. I am sure this is costing the game tons of money in loss sales of cartel items.

xordevoreaux
09.15.2020 , 11:21 AM | #2
Quote:
What is generating all these credits the last two years, Let's help the devs fix it.
It's already fixed. It's called amplifier RNG.

There's also been many, many theories postulated on the forums as to how credit sellers make their cash, everything from taking over accounts and raiding them and selling the money they find there to bots just standing there all day farming the same node over and over.

Rather than playing NCIS or Investigative Reports, the bang for the buck on the part of the devs is doing what they're already doing: squelching the spammers.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
Play the Electronic Arts game Sims4 much? Need a new schmazzy fireplace retexture or really classy piano update?
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

xordevoreaux
09.15.2020 , 11:22 AM | #3
Also, question: What does the state of the bank account of the fellow next to you have anything to do you?
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
Play the Electronic Arts game Sims4 much? Need a new schmazzy fireplace retexture or really classy piano update?
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

KendraP
09.15.2020 , 11:23 AM | #4
Seeing as BWs way of fixing it was to implement a conceptually stupid gear addition (that supposedly made tok little of a difference to matter) while failing to up the overwhelming majority of supposed endgame content to the new level cap, why do we think they can actually fix the credit inflation problem?

DarkTergon
09.15.2020 , 11:24 AM | #5
Lots of exploits, duping, etc. People got billions (trillions?) of credits from them, most didn't get banned, and the credits were left in the game. Not tackling the credits sellers enough. And I'm sure there are others people would like to add
They are so busy being non conformists, they are actually becoming more of a conformist , than conformists are {stupid is a hard barrier}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-E63guCro
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

gelper
09.15.2020 , 11:29 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
Lots of exploits, duping, etc. People got billions (trillions?) of credits from them, most didn't get banned, and the credits were left in the game. Not tackling the credits sellers enough. And I'm sure there are others people would like to add
But it continues to go on and get worse, They obviously have a steady supply of credits which is separate from those incidents.

SteveTheCynic
09.15.2020 , 11:33 AM | #7
It's a combination of things, not one single thing, and one of those things is a relative lack of effective credit sinks = ways to spend them. Think of it this way: the progressive introduction of free ability training, free quick travel replacing use of taxis, free cross-galaxy travel to heroic missions, free ... well, you get the picture.

Add to that the increase in credits available from e.g. heroic missions, heroic bonus missions, etc. and, well, you get the picture.

Oh, and the post-6 weirdness around crafting and materials for it meaning that people who gather and play flashpoints have a source of no-expenditure materials and so on that attracts substantial prices, *and* a way (Jawa tokens) to buy materials for no credit cost, and ... well ... ((do I have to say it again? Apparently I do.)) ... you get the picture.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START

gelper
09.15.2020 , 11:52 AM | #8
I think it's more along the lines of thousands of accounts exploiting something that generates credits non stop for years. Maybe we can help the developers find out what it is. Whatever it is is generating A LOT OF CREDITS for it to still be worth it to them at these low prices and inflation levels.

Remember it's something that generates credits or items that can be sold to a vendor for credits.

Some of what is suggested like jawa junk doesn't apply because it doesn't generate any credits, only items that can be sold to other players which is an exchange of credits, not a generation of them. (even though I am not in favor of excess jawa junk which can be used to undermine the value of resources)

TalleraLane
09.15.2020 , 11:53 AM | #9
it does not need fixing full stop.

gelper
09.15.2020 , 12:14 PM | #10
They could also be running instances hundreds of times a day. Would raise some suspicions you would think.