End game Progression

Johnnortiz

I would first off like to say that this is a great game and one my favorite MMO's of all time. Its been about 10 years now and I always either come back to this game or lotro.

I have recently returned a few months back but was a little disappointed with the end game gear system. Being able to barter end game set gear is fine and all but once you get to 306 all you are doing is min maxing. I miss the days where you ran that ops on hard mode and that super rare gear drop happened and the excitement you got hoping you would win the roll. If anything else I am just throwing a suggestion out there to bring some of that back or at least something gold and super rare to have a chance to drop from. completing a Master Mode Ops.

Otherwise when you run the ops you are really only getting the satisfaction of beating it and not really seeing much drop from it. I know there is one raid that drops some different set pieces, but from what I hear its not the best stuff for every class. Anyways just thought I would throw that out there. Thanks for reading.

While I understand your reasoning, This game unlike most MMO's has a far more casual player base. While this gear system isn't perfect, allowing players to get to 306 while not needing to be on doing Ops all the time is a good thing.

My only issue with this gearing system is the inability to purchase the exact mods/enhancements in exchange for Tech fragments. For example if your already at 306 ilevel purchasing a specific armoring, mod or enhancement for say 3000 tech fragments each. You would still have to do the grind to 306 to do this, but you could then farm Tech fragments to get what you actually want.

I'd also add all of the sets to the class vendor, including the ones that are from Dxun specifically. Maybe the cost for each piece of these set's would be 6k-8k per piece to entice people to still go into Dxun for them, but allow others the option to farm for them if they want to.

Edited by Toraak